thirty bees forum

How can I remove the module update warnings/possibility ?

ssimard

Question

Hi everyone, I am now using TB on a production site and would like to keep it as-is, without updating the modules since I have a lot of overrides.

Is there a way to turn the module update warnings OFF ? Especially for the non-admin employees.

Right-now I have permissions restricted for a few people but they should be able to update some modules configs and therefore, they are seing the modules lists. I don't want them to click on update buttons thou !

Any ideas ?

Thanks. Sylvain

8 answers to this question

To nevertheless help a bit on this one: one can easily check whether a module uses overrides: if there's no directory override inside the folder of a module, it doesn't. If you have a shell, list them like this: ls -d modules/*/override.

And if you really want to avoid upgrades, you can edit the modules' main class, in the PHP file with the same name as the module directory. Watch out for a line like $this->version = '1.3.4'; and change this version to a larger one. Then delete files like config.xml and config_XX.xml to get them re-created automatically. This should avoid upgrade attempts until the edited, larger version is reached.

Thanks Lesley, I understand the reason behind updating things but sometimes I just can't do it blindly.

Btw, the modules controllers can't be override (or maybe I just never understood how to properly do it), you can just override the root php file if I remember well. In some cases, I had to do some fixes in classes directly in the modules folder.

In some cases, I had to do some fixes in classes directly in the modules folder.

Well, if you provide these fixes to the community, they'll get added to official sources. Which allows you to upgrade and benefits everybody. Can be a pull request, a link to a commit, a patch by email, whatever is convenient for you.

• Like 1