thirty bees forum

Front office favicon

jnsgioia

Question

• Answers 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Confirmed to be broken. HTML looks like this: generic <link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="/www.reprap-diy.com/shop/img/favicon.ico?1493478356"> <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/www.reprap-diy.com/shop/img/favicon.ico?1493478356"> where www.reprap-diy.com/shop is the shop_uri (domain is 'localhost'). Also four lines of HTML for favicons in various sizes.

Looking into apache's log, favicon.ico gets requested and delivered, but apparently by a picture with this question mark instead of the expected one. A request for /www.reprap-diy.com/shop/img/favicon_144.png is answered with 404.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus, an iPad Mini 2, a Nexus 7 2013, and use Win10 + Chrome + Firefox for my desktop. A decent mix for testing. @Havouza, your site seems to be down right now but if you let me know when it's up I'll clear cache and visit on each device/browser.

Favicons don't have to be .ico format anymore but depending on the code used for the rendered pages there could be issues with non .ico files.

Right now on host-thirty.com I see the following:

Chrome on Windows: Original 30bz favicon Firefox on Windows: Question mark iOS 10.3 on 7 Plus: Question mark Chrome on Nexus 7: Original 30bz favicon

Maybe it's a file format issue? Try changing it to a .ico file and see if that works?

When I look at the rendering code for host-thirty I see this:

<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="/img/favicon.ico?1495711295">
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/img/favicon.ico?1495711295">

Yet when I look at the the referenced favicon file I see the original 30bz favicon: https://www.host-thirty.com/img/favicon.ico?1495711295

The image type for the "icon" line of HTML is odd but I'm not sure if it's acceptable or not. Something is definitely wrong somewhere.

Edit: Changed link to be exactly the same as the one used in the 30bz code.