thirty bees forum

No free delivery at certain point

Peter

Question

Hi,

When I send an order, I count per kilogram. At a certain weight the shipping costs are increased. They also receive a gift at € 75. So if they come to that € 75, - they get free shipping whatever the weight is. That is not good. The customer simply has to pay the higher shipping costs.

How can I solve this?

Greetings,

Peter

Edited by Peter

15 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, lesley said:

In the carrier, if you select to disable the carrier when out of range, do you still get the free shipping option? 

Yes still get free shipping. It has to do with the freebie i give them at €75,- i think.

Just now, lesley said:

Interesting, his could be a bug. Let me test and confirm. Are you using any 3rd party modules for shipping or anything in the order process? 

Only Sendcloud but the problem is at the normal method

On 1/16/2019 at 5:37 PM, lesley said:

Interesting, his could be a bug. Let me test and confirm. Are you using any 3rd party modules for shipping or anything in the order process? 

Have you been able to recreate the problem/bug?

Edited by Peter

Have came across identical issue when going out of range, the page does not refresh correctly and it says Free shipping on some themes, on original TB theme it says 0$.

But if f5 is clicked to refresh the page, the row with shipping is gone, but it comes back if qty is increased or decreased.

It works without problems if not signed in. If not signed in, adding additional product that adds over weight makes the row with shipping dissapear,

Tested on fresh 1.0.8 Softacolous TB instalation, Disabled one carrier, added weight ranges to existing carrier, added weight atribute to one product.

Logged in, added 3 products, max for the carrier:

loged1.png.980af76c5a91e6ada772268f74430174.png

Logged in, 5 products in cart, stil showing same shipping costs:

loged2.png.2db6b6c509b35499e324f51dfaf8be0c.png

f5 for refresh is clicked, shipping row dissapears:

loged3.png.0026491c50ba73a176c5571d61bb3ac9.png

Loged in, decreasing from 5(out of range) to 4 which is stil out of range, as max is 3

loged4.png.fe6260a5094a9d96398fed1b866d842e.png

There must be something in cart-summary.js that does not refressh all when customer is logged in.

On my other non TB theme i get Free shipping where TB Theme shows $0.00

I found out that it is connected to following 2 lines in cart-summary.js

if (!hasDeliveryAddress)
      $('.cart_total_delivery').hide();

Removing only second line,  makes things working, but it shows visible refresh of whole center in Opera and Chromium,

Removing only first line, makes things working and shows no visible refresh to the center div.

Now its coders turn, to tell what those two lines actualy do. As the problem mentioned only shown is address is present by customer.

This does not show if customer is not logged in or if it does not have address specified.

Same thing is with the PS Bootstrap theme I'm using (stock one or modified) and no matter if on PS 1.6+ or TB.

Edited by toplakd

And enabling advanced theme brings this issue a little further, as it has option to update quantities on last 5th step,

so if in last step one adds additional qty which hits over range the shipping is disabled, and order can actualy be placed with 0 shipping

Have now applied the change to my live shop as after many test it functions as it should. (comment out line if (!hasDeliveryAddress) in cart-summary.js)
Also changed the shopping-cart-advanced.tpl (Step 5), so it alows only deleting a product, but not changing quantity.

As on step 5 shipping is already selected, and changing qty to UP it can went to free shipping if carrier is out of range.

Now only thing I would like to implement, is to show notification in Shopping Cart Summary (1st step) if there cart is over weight range for the available default carriers.