thirty bees forum

Softaculous Clone and Staging

Smile

Question

10 answers to this question

I notice this also that there is not an upgrade path. 1.0.8 is out and as far as Softaculous is concerned you have to uninstall and reinstall thirtybees to get the new versions.

This it seems like something I could look at at some point, I just dont want to step on anyone's toes if this is in the works already.  

https://www.softaculous.com/docs/developers/making-custom-package

Edited by cptplastic

1 hour ago, lesley said:

I am not sure how I feel about the upgrading to be honest. I am on the fence about that. 

It might not needed with the new core updater tool right? I think every one knows that updating by softaculous is dangerous 😉

Yes, softaculous gives only a warning that there is an update and you can use it to make an update if you like. But I never used it only the update email I like.

I am personally not so interested about that...

Edited by Smile

On 2/4/2019 at 12:08 PM, Smile said:

Yes, softaculous gives only a warning that there is an update and you can use it to make an update if you like. But I never used it only the update email I like.

I am personally not so interested about that...

Where do you see a warning? I only see the new version. Softaculous just makes it easy to update and you can set it to not auto update also the ability to stage from there would be nice also. Just a thought.