thirty bees forum

How do I edit the links and color of texts on the header

Ralph

Question

I've been trying to configure the topmost bar of my store (the header) but I haven't been able to figure that out. How do I go about it?

And the other thing is that I need help with is creating nested categories that automatically drop down once the cursor is pointing at the links.

header.png

Edited by Ralph

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, toplakd said:

Most modern browsers have inspect function.

Firefox / Opera - inspect element
Chromium - Inspect.

Right click on desired element and than Click on "Inspect Element".

Than in browser side window will open and you will able to see in which .css and which line you need to edit for styling your element.

Prior to inspection it's good to disable Smart cache for CSS in "Advanced Parameters / Performance" tab in your back office.

And don't forget. Make backup copy of your shop and play with styling there, and copy the files or theme folder to live once satisfied with results.

Thanks a lot for your reply. The problem is that I know almost nothing about coding and I was thinking there would be a way to edit all that without touching 'code'. I tried what you said and I could see lines of code but where to go from there; I honestly don't know. Is there a simpler way for a non-tech savvy person like me, something like WYSIWYG?

Thanks again

Most modern browsers have inspect function.

Firefox / Opera - inspect element
Chromium - Inspect.

Right click on desired element and than Click on "Inspect Element".

Than in browser side window will open and you will able to see in which .css and which line you need to edit for styling your element.

Prior to inspection it's good to disable Smart cache for CSS in "Advanced Parameters / Performance" tab in your back office.

And don't forget. Make backup copy of your shop and play with styling there, and copy the files or theme folder to live once satisfied with results.