thirty bees forum

How To Configure Top Menu

lovelygifts

Question

Hello, I came across thirtybees a few days ago and liking what I see so far. I have set up a test folder on my web hosting to enable me to install and alter things ready for when I migrate from my zen cart shop to thirtybees. Anyhow, my question is in relation to the top menu bar, which displays the first top level category, which I've also added sub-categories too, however, the sub-categories appear in the top menu bar, which is not what I want. I want all top level categories to show and then drop down to the sub-categories.

I've added two other top level categories and they do not appear on the top menu. I'm wandering if I've missed something in the admin panel perhaps? As you'll see in the image upload, 'Handmade Fashion Jewellery' is a top level category with 'angel bells' and 'earrings', which are sub-categories of the handmade fashion jewellery, shouldn't be showing on the top level.

Hope I've made sense and thanks in advance.

Claire.

topmenu.PNG

4 answers to this question

I have not tested all variants

default theme - block top menu .....

add the following code in the backoffice custom code css
#block_top_menu ul li ul {display:none!important;}

#block_top_menu ul li ul {display:none!important;}

alternatively you can add it in the module in the file
themes / community-theme-default / css / modules / blocktopmenu / css / blocktopmenu.css

clear shop and browser cache and you can see only first menu - without subcategories

• Like 1