thirty bees forum

SPAM returns with url in last name

Dolfijn

Question

Hello,

As we propably all now there was a problem with spam that created fake customers with an url as there last name. It was fixed in PS 1.6.24 and now after I have migrated to TB I have the problem back? I already modified the IsName function with the new name check but I still get spam with last names like : www.lmy.de/aJvUr

How can this be true?

9 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Dolfijn said:

How can this be true?

I've just tested it on latest 1.0.x and it's not possible to create customer with such lastname. It is possible in 1.0.8. So my guess is that you didn't apply the fix correctly. 

15 hours ago, Dolfijn said:

If I try to configure the core updater I get an empty screen. I guess that is not quite right..?

Screenshot_2019-05-14 Modules and Services • Gquipment.png

While there isn't much to see on Core Updater's configuration page, this doesn't look right either. There should be a message hinting to the new menu item.

Filed here, hints on how to reproduce this always welcome!

https://github.com/thirtybees/coreupdater/issues/4

I don't now how to reproduce this except that it is happening at my site (If you have additional question, please feel free). I can only tell that I started from PS 1.6.24, migrated to TB, run the updater, installed the blog modules and then tried to run the core updater. I'm running a multishop indeed.

Edited by Dolfijn