Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

dynambee

Let's talk about email service providers

On 6/23/2019 at 1:10 AM, dynambee said:

Well I was going to go with servercow's hosted mailcow but the migration didn't end up happening. Last weekend (planned time) they had some issues connecting to the server that were my fault. I rectified that so the migration could happen either last Sunday or this weekend but despite sending a few emails asking for an update I have heard nothing at all back from them.

Considering that much of the reason for not hosting my own email is to have support from someone else in case things go wrong the lack of response from servercow has been very concerning. I've therefore abandoned the idea of going with servercow and will instead be migrating to OpenSRS. There is no push email but I can live with that if it means having stability & support at a reasonable price. I wanted to support servercow with my business (open source etc) but I can't risk the lack of support.

I just signed up with OpenSRS and made the $95 deposit (it gets added as a credit to your account) and am now starting the migration. I should have most of my domains migrated over in the next few days and can then nuke the VULTR instance that contains my current mailcow server. Will be sorry to see it go.

How is the Opensrs email going?

I signed up with them and paid the deposit, everything is working. Unfortunately other things got in the way and the actual migration had to be put on hold. It will happen but not for a little while longer.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:57 PM, dynambee said:

I signed up with them and paid the deposit, everything is working. Unfortunately other things got in the way and the actual migration had to be put on hold. It will happen but not for a little while longer.

Speed is good. Ease of use. Or you pretty much just paid and never started an email account at all?

glad your well. I was worried.