thirty bees forum

TB Customer Referral Program module not working

x97wehner

This is is the TB customer referral module. Just testing this out and can't get it to work correctly. Does it not work on 1.08? It collects and sends an email to a referred person, but when they create an account from the link, nothing else happens. No emails are sent about it, no vouchers are created. Am I missing something or is this just broken?

20 minutes ago, SLiCK_303 said:

I use it, and to my knowledge it works.....

Well, I can see that it creates a voucher for the invited party when they create an account. It does now however notify the sponsor/referrer that they're referral earned them a voucher in any way, nor does it create a voucher for the referrer. The invited party is never notified that they now have a voucher, nor is it set to highlight so that they can see it.

Are you getting different behavior than that?

To my knowledge mine is working fine as far as creating vouchers and letting the customer 'see' them.  According to my email logs, customers are receiving emails.  I guess I need to use  a couple test accounts on my site, and checkit out further, but to my knowledge, if the customer uses the module correctly, it works.  I'm on 1.0.x 'bleeding edge' if it matters.....

There were indeed some problems regarding referral link.

- in some cases, the module would choose unsupported encryption method -- the link wouldn't contain valid information

- but even if the link was well formed, it wasn't properly handled. So the association between sponsor and sponsored customer wasn't created automatically

I've submitted and released a fix. Try to update module

• Like 1

8 hours ago, datakick said:

There were indeed some problems regarding referral link.

- in some cases, the module would choose unsupported encryption method -- the link wouldn't contain valid information

- but even if the link was well formed, it wasn't properly handled. So the association between sponsor and sponsored customer wasn't created automatically

I've submitted and released a fix. Try to update module

Updated the module and now getting this error.

image.png

On 6/14/2019 at 11:06 AM, x97wehner said:

Updated the module and now getting this error.

image.png

You are correct on this error. Thanks. However, the module doesn't seem to be working fully still. It's creating an email, creating a voucher, and sending the referred customer a email with the code. It's not doing anything for the referring customer's account however. No voucher is created or email sent to the referrer notifying them. Isn't that supposed to happen as well?

• 9 months later...