thirty bees forum

Top menu issue: no subcategories drop-down

cprats

I've just updated several modules, and block top menu has a fault: after the update, subcategories do not drop-down. If maximum level depth is not set to 2, main categories also disappear from the menu and only links persist.

Under block categories, also updated, dynamic option is set to Yes.

Any suggestions?

Thank-you.

2 hours ago, cprats said:

I've just updated several modules, and block top menu has a fault: after the update, subcategories do not drop-down. If maximum level depth is not set to 2, main categories also disappear from the menu and only links persist.

Under block categories, also updated, dynamic option is set to Yes.

Any suggestions?

Thank-you.

Indeed, the new version of blocktopmenu doesn't work correctly. You should downgrade to version 3.0.2

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, datakick said:

Thanks for the confirmation.

My test also suggests that all issues are solved, so I've officially released 3.0.4. Hopefully not many people upgraded to faulty 3.0.3 yet. 

Hello again,

I've just seen your posts here, and I've updated the module to 3.0.4 from back office. It works perfectly now. Thank-you very much.

The problem was found. There's a new configuration option named Maximum level depth

When you install this module from scratch, it is initialized to value 2. But when you upgrade from previous version it has value 0, thus displaying only top-level entries. When you add non-zero value it works as expected.

image.png.b266e0e227bcaecc7e3bbc326c30749e.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hmm..

Neither of the versions works for me (clean install).

On 3.0.4 and 3.0.2 it only displays main categories, untill clicking and being forwarded to category page.
In a short moment i can see the sub categories, but the menu is not dropping down so i can view and click them.