thirty bees forum

Spam attack via contact form

vsn

Question

Dear all, I am currently suffering under a heavy spam attack. The standard contact form is used filled with target email address and target message. After submitting it, a confirmation email is automatically sent out from the e-shop server to the target email address compromising my email address, domain and server IP. 

As a workaround I renamed contact form URL, this helps for a while. But as the contact form is a public URL it can be used again any time.

I am using google re-captcha v2. This does not help, they somehow overcome it. Re-captcha V3, which seems to be more advanced, does not work.

Any ideas???

3 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, vsn said:

Dear all, I am currently suffering under a heavy spam attack. The standard contact form is used filled with target email address and target message. After submitting it, a confirmation email is automatically sent out from the e-shop server to the target email address compromising my email address, domain and server IP. 

As a workaround I renamed contact form URL, this helps for a while. But as the contact form is a public URL it can be used again any time.

I am using google re-captcha v2. This does not help, they somehow overcome it. Re-captcha V3, which seems to be more advanced, does not work.

Any ideas???

There's a bug in captcha module that allows contact form submission when Login attempts settings is set to non-zero value. So this should be the first thing you should check.

image.png.b4b7b7ba586a6aa889e942a750066a33.png

• Like 1