thirty bees forum

PayPal USA/Canada v1.3.9 prestashop

dbyroad

Question

I'm currently using Thirty bees 1. 0. 8 for payment or my sight I use PayPal. I have the prestashop PayPal USA / Canada module version 1. 3. 9 

Before migrating to 30 bees from prestashop I still had the same problem that continues after migrating to 30 bees.

The problem is some customers place an order on the website and their redirected back to the website with a confirmation and the order is placed in order status. Other customers Place their order pay for it don't get redirected and their order is still in their shopping carts so I have to manually go in and accept the order/create the order. 

After reading both Thirty bees forums and prestashop forms I see this is a very common problem.

Are there any successful fixes for this?

Thank you in advance

4 answers to this question

We continued to have those issues with the Prestashop module on thirty bees. However we recently switched to the ThirtyBees paypal module and we have not had any of those issues - Yet. I say "'yet" becaause the issues were random and we could go weeks without it happening previously.

So fingers crossed it is now ok. I do believe the way the ThityBees module works is different to the Prestashop one so hopefully all is OK

7 hours ago, haylau said:

We continued to have those issues with the Prestashop module on thirty bees. However we recently switched to the ThirtyBees paypal module and we have not had any of those issues - Yet. I say "'yet" becaause the issues were random and we could go weeks without it happening previously.

So fingers crossed it is now ok. I do believe the way the ThityBees module works is different to the Prestashop one so hopefully all is OK

In the past, the ThirtyBees PayPal module didn't have the customer data filled automated in PayPal - this was the reason I still use the PS one. Is this still the case?

1 minute ago, netamismb said:

In the past, the ThirtyBees PayPal module didn't have the customer data filled automated in PayPal - this was the reason I still use the PS one. Is this still the case?

The TB PayPal module did originally sent the data but this was stripped to fix compatibility with some foreign address processing or something of that sort.
I actually never had those particular issues since I don't ship internationally and wish they would of put a switch to turn that function on/off, but that matter aside, the module does work pretty well nowadays.

TLDR
The module does not currently send customer data such as the address to PayPal.