thirty bees forum

Forum Update

lesley

Its only working for people that migrated from patreon so far. I am planning on making a post closer to the end of the month on patreon, so people will cancel there and hopefully renew here. I tried to set up an api connection with the patreon api last month and gave up because it was so quirky. I am trying to get the whole process automated, using this internal api from the forum we should be able to automate things easier for connecting with our repo. Sorry for the confusion / lack of feature with that for the patreon people, but the api library is just so limited and the interface is almost unworkable. 

No problem at all, I'm well acquainted with working with poor APIs that are flaky and lack documentation. Fewer things are more frustrating.

I will definitely move from Patreon to the TB system later this month. I look forward to having a few live stores and then increasing my contribution amount. 🙂

No problem. I realize I launched this right after the patreon month started, that was kind of bad timing on my part. I had been working with a module called Give on our wordpress site for about a month or two prior planning to launch it. But then I just scrapped the whole thing, because I just didn't have much faith in it. Then I started looking through the forum features and saw that it allowed subscriptions. So that is the story on that. It seems to allow us to do everything we need to have an automated system and also show flare on different users. The only thing I am trying to figure out is how to write up a small module to list the supporters and show the total amount. I guess nothing is perfect, but I feel like this is a lot better for us in the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lesley said:

Its only working for people that migrated from patreon so far. I am planning on making a post closer to the end of the month on patreon, so people will cancel there and hopefully renew here. I tried to set up an api connection with the patreon api last month and gave up because it was so quirky. I am trying to get the whole process automated, using this internal api from the forum we should be able to automate things easier for connecting with our repo. Sorry for the confusion / lack of feature with that for the patreon people, but the api library is just so limited and the interface is almost unworkable. 

yesterday I signed up as supporter, with no history on patreon, it seems to have gone fine and i come up on here correctly as a supporter

• Like 1