thirty bees forum

Gift card module for TB

piet

Question

11 answers to this question

On 9/21/2019 at 11:44 PM, SLiCK_303 said:

This should go without saying, but please try this on your test cloned site, or something, before your production site, just to make sure it's gonna do what you want.  It's a pretty simple module....

Always done that 😉

Module works fine, found no issues so far. Right now I'm translating the module. I will contact the developer later to ofeer him the translation and ask him to put it on the TB marketplace.

Thanks to all of you.

When I used that module, or lets say when I evaluated whether gift cards are an option for me or not I used PrestaShop and faced a big problem that is that gift cards could not be used to settle shipping cost as they are only discount vouchers and not a real payment. So if someone had a gift card for 30 Dollar he could use that for all products but had to pay the shipping cost separately.

The only way I found to solve that problem was either to offer free shipping when using gift cards or to buy a module that make it possible to use gift cards as real payment. As the first option meant a loss on my side for every order where a gift card was used and the cost of the module for the second option was 99 Euro I decided that both options were not worth offering gift cards.

I have never tried it again with TB but I guess there might be the same problem.

2 hours ago, fuji3776 said:

I have never tried it again with TB but I guess there might be the same problem.

Thanks for the info.

It should be no problem for our shop to add free shipping if needed. I will test it later and post the results.