thirty bees forum

Combination of cart rules (coupons/vouchers)

wakabayashi

Question

I don't have too much experience with cart rules. Is it not possible, to define, that a coupon can only be applied alone? I don't wanna have multiple coupons applied. I understand that the BO offers such a function, but either I don't get it right or the design is really strange. 

If I want to achieve the goal above, I have to select all coupons? What if I later add more coupons? :classic_blink:

4 answers to this question

Also, there is some black magic happening when you are adding new cart rule. These are two comments from code:

• If the new rule has no cart rule restriction, then it must be added to the white list of the other cart rules that have restrictions
  • And if the new cart rule has restrictions, previously unrestricted cart rules may now be restricted (a mug of coffee is strongly advised to understand this sentence)

Thanks for you answer. I didn't know that, but I am not sure, if it solves my issue. 

Thinking of Krona, I want the option that coupons aren't applied together. I give 10% Coupons. Imagine a customer collects 10 of them and "buys" the whole shop 🤨 Does it mean: During coupon creation I should add all coupons to the restriction and all coupons created after, will also be restricted?

16 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

Thinking of Krona, I want the option that coupons aren't applied together. I give 10% Coupons. Imagine a customer collects 10 of them and "buys" the whole shop 🤨 Does it mean: During coupon creation I should add all coupons to the restriction and all coupons created after, will also be restricted?

I don't use the Krona module (yet) but I think you have to add restrictions when creating coupons if I understand it right. When creating coupons you only have to add the previous created coupons to the restrictions, every coupon created later will have restrictions of former created coupons so I think it will work. You can however do a manual simulation on a test environmenent to  see if the solution meets your expectations.