thirty bees forum

Images not showing

movieseals

Question

Hi!

Suppliers, manufacturers and categories images have stopped showing.

I deactivated Friendly urls and reactivated it.

I deleted the htaccess and recreated it.

I regenerated those images after both attempts.

Not sure what is causing it and why they are not coming back.

Oh!  And I flushed the cache manually at each steps.

The images are all present and accounted for in the BO...

Edited by movieseals

4 answers to this question

The images are there.  Someone at my web host messed with htaccess to try and fix something not related to htaccess in the end: there was a missing php 7.3 handler on their end but I find that web manager never seem to listen or believe you when you tell them what you think is the issue...  So he screwed with the htaccess.  Which, I must say, under TB, is much more stable than my previous experience with PS.

I can see the images but I need to manually modify the link for them to appear - they are, of course, all in their respective folders in the img.  So I am not overly worried but usually, deleting the htaccess or regenerating fix those issues.  Not so at the moment. I have cleared system cache, smarty cache, browser caches.  Is there another cache I am not aware of?  Is full page cache cleared when we clear the cache normally?

Edited by movieseals

I solved the issue by using the core updater, going back one iteration then reinstalling my current one again - everything came back!  Not too sure why but I will take the end result!  I wish I could explain what went wrong beyond the scrambling of the htaccess because since it is automatically generated, it should have been overwritten and reverted back to before.

Anyhow, I leave my solution here in case someone else encounters a similar problem.

Edited by movieseals
  • Like 1