thirty bees forum

Mail classified as spam since the update.

Peter

I do not know if it was the update from 1.08 to 1.10 that I recently did, but many e-mails that the web store makes itself no longer reach the customers. For example, an email that is sent when you set the status to sent. It is classified as spam and therefore comes back.

What can this be and how do I solve it?

Thanks!

So many ways of marking things as spam, not so much from your side more the way intervening systems work - all the inbetween servers the mail passes from between you and your customer.

For example (and not on thirtybees) many of the emails we send have pdf attachments called pro-forma or invoice or quote. But they are now one of the ways some scammers work so many of our emails are flagged as spam, not because there is anythng wrong with them but more because intervening systems see the word "pro-forma" and mark it at Spam. not much we can do other than perhaps change the word of our pro-forma but then the customer would not know what it was

If you were sending from your own servers then there may be things that can help such as DKIM & DARC but no idea what they actually are or how they work