thirty bees forum

Looking for a way to have customer select shipping country from header that changes to their local currency and shipping rates

x97wehner

I'd like the customer to select their shipping country in the header, similar to what this company did https://yeti.com, and then have the site adjust to the local currency, language, and country specific pricing.

Anyone know how to accomplish this or if a module exists that does this correctly?

17 minutes ago, x97wehner said:

I'd like the customer to select their shipping country in the header, similar to what this company did https://yeti.com, and then have the site adjust to the local currency, language, and country specific pricing.

Anyone know how to accomplish this or if a module exists that does this correctly?

You can probably use multistore to achieve this. I believe @rubben1985 do something like this

• Like 1

I have a similar approach. Using multistore you can create different versions of you store (including warehouse, prices, images...). Later create a section to change between stores. I am using visual composer but any module that allow you to put html code should be valid for this. If you want to show the flag, you need to create a different content per store (to show a different flag in each of them).

Check our footer: https://www.lesielle.com

Also, we redirect people based on their IP when they go to the .com so they are in the correct version without selecting. It is not perfect, but works >95% of the time. For those that the version is not accurate, they can change in the footer, but at the end is not important because they can buy in every version of the store and I will ship them anyway (I have price rules so the price is always correct even if they choose a different store version). My advice is to allow people to buy on any version, just play with adjustments so they do not get benefit selecting the wrong version (if for example a country version is more expensive, put a price rule that increase price in any other store version if a client shipping to the expensive one buys in the cheaper version)

There are modules that allow changing currency and language. That could be valid but it is very limited when you start playing with pricing and showing different visual interface per country. But if you only want to show currency and language, this is the most simple and easy approach.

On 5/3/2020 at 8:18 AM, rubben1985 said:

I have a similar approach. Using multistore you can create different versions of you store (including warehouse, prices, images...). Later create a section to change between stores. I am using visual composer but any module that allow you to put html code should be valid for this. If you want to show the flag, you need to create a different content per store (to show a different flag in each of them).

Check our footer: https://www.lesielle.com

Also, we redirect people based on their IP when they go to the .com so they are in the correct version without selecting. It is not perfect, but works >95% of the time. For those that the version is not accurate, they can change in the footer, but at the end is not important because they can buy in every version of the store and I will ship them anyway (I have price rules so the price is always correct even if they choose a different store version). My advice is to allow people to buy on any version, just play with adjustments so they do not get benefit selecting the wrong version (if for example a country version is more expensive, put a price rule that increase price in any other store version if a client shipping to the expensive one buys in the cheaper version)

There are modules that allow changing currency and language. That could be valid but it is very limited when you start playing with pricing and showing different visual interface per country. But if you only want to show currency and language, this is the most simple and easy approach.

Thanks. I'm working on managing it similarly right now. I appreciate the insight.