thirty bees forum

How do you create and use a back-up in a fresh TB installation?

ThomDe

Hello,

I chose a non-English language even though the shop needs to be in English. Now I am having issues fixing this which is why I thought about a simple reinstall. The issue is that I don't want to loose any changes I made during the current TB period. How do I transfer all the important changes including file changes that were not made through the back-office?

22 hours ago, Traumflug said:

I'd rename the old installation folder and create a new one for the new installation.

Thank you. I edited Niara. Should I rename Niara itself or the entire TB folder?

How would you import the changes into the new installation?

You can simply reinstall the system in-situ:

1. drop database using phpmysql 
  2. copy install directory from thirtybees.zip file to your thirtybees root directory (you probably deleted this directory after you installed the system for the first time)
  3. go to www.yourdomain.com/install and you will be able to re-install the system 

14 minutes ago, datakick said:

You can simply reinstall the system in-situ:

1. drop database using phpmysql 
  2. copy install directory from thirtybees.zip file to your thirtybees root directory (you probably deleted this directory after you installed the system for the first time)
  3. go to www.yourdomain.com/install and you will be able to re-install the system 

Great, this wouldn't affect my CSS/TPL file changes, newly added modules or other settings would it?

1 minute ago, ThomDe said:

Great, this wouldn't affect my CSS/TPL file changes, newly added modules or other settings would it?

It won't affect files/directories stored on the file system. You will obviously loose anything stored in the database. Third party modules won't be installed anymore, etc. 

25 minutes ago, datakick said:

It won't affect files/directories stored on the file system. You will obviously loose anything stored in the database. Third party modules won't be installed anymore, etc. 

Thank you very much. How would I go about an installation with a previous "back-up" on a new system?