thirty bees forum

Addresses

AndyC

Hi. Just a quick question about Addresses

Most of you obviously use the same payment methods like PayPal and Stripe. Is there a way to stop the customer having to enter their addresses twice , once on the website and then again when checking out. I have 3 payment methods and all 3 you have to enter your address again (unless you log into PayPal) ..Or is this just par of the course and have to live with it. Or is there a way around this

thanks

I've got stripe module installed, and it just just asks the postcode.
Next to postcode on the TB order form I write "stripe payments will ask this again further down", and at the bottom I write "stripe payment does not yet confirm orders - it just returns you to this page - but we will confirm within a few hours" 
I can post settings if useful but they look fairly standard.

I've still not worked-out how to get

• automatic acknowledgement on the customers' screen and email to the customer and me if possible; there's just a stripe email to me at the moment
  • the name and address printable to fit a window envelope, and the
  • order written below with my return details, preferably in the same email which I can print-out. The less variations of the same information the better.

I do get an email after each order, with a name and amount. If I click to get to
https://dashboard.stripe.com/payments , it has the order, customers' email, and postcode in amongst the jumble, and if I go to 
orders > click anything but "view" on the right order > I can see the full customer address in a good format to cut and paste to an email that I can print as a receipt.  I want a more detailed breakdown of the order I can cut and paste from
customers > shopping carts > pick the right one

This isn't a good system but it is the best I have come-up with so far.

PS I use the embedded short form for Stripe

Thinking back to the question, maybe the solution is to let a payment provider take care of addresses, and block-out all references to addresses on Thirtybees. I already block-out all references to accounts; this is just going a bit further.  Just a thought. I don't know which payment providers can take a full, usable delivery address. Paypal seems likely. A provider that can take the order and send a neat email with both together seems less likely to find.
---------------edited 7pm

Edited by veganline