thirty bees forum

Customer data privacy

AndyC

Can I get some help please. After seeing yet another failed order as they don't go past the registration page and have multiple pages shown on Matomo.. I am beginning to wonder if it is this as I have noticed on a mobile it is very feint and you can't really see it.. Is there a way to bold the box and have some text like datakicks reviews below as it makes it obvious there is a tick box then

Capture.JPG

Edited by AndyC

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

I am beginning to wonder if it is this as I have noticed on a mobile it is very feint and you can't really see it..

I'm not sure what do you mean. There is a .tpl for the registration page, you can change font sizes.

Hi. it's not font sizes, if you look at the ticked box the text starts at the box whereas the customer data privacy starts below the box ,hence the red text I have written.. Would also like to bold the boxes if possible to make them stand out a little.

I get a lot and I mean a lot of abandon carts that end at registration with repeat hits on matomo where customers have tried to sign up repeatedly then just go away.. On my previous cart I would get 1 or 2 of these a months   

For what it is worth, in my opinion ditch the re-captcha & ditch the privacy tick box wording (far too lengthy, we have “I agree to the Terms of Service and will adhere to them unconditionally ” then it fits on the same line as the tick box

Personally I would ditch the tick box for reviews also

Too much getting in the way for potential customers, who tend to be a fickle lot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

thanks.. How did you get it to show in the same place. I tried to look lol but you don't see it till the end of you checkout

If you have access to a bash linux console to write commands you can look for that string using this command:

grep -Hr "personal data you"

standing in your shop's root folder. That will fetch for that long string and will find out which .tpl file prints it.

• 5 months later...

Hello

I just installed tb1.2 and begun to test it, I was curious to see what this HTML block is, I also got the "controller not found" error message, for curiosity I checked also on the other installation I am working on which is a tb 1.1, there too same thing, the error appear...

What is HTML block?

What is useful for?

Why I do get this "controller not found" error message?

Thank you