thirty bees forum

CSV problems - missing short descriptions, headers too big

alwayspaws

How can I fix the below problems for csv imports, please?

1. How can I reduce the font size of header tags in the descriptions? They are way too big. See first screenshot please.

2. Short descriptions are missing after csv import. See second screenshot, please.

First screenshot:

0_1498579858524_header font too big and too much space between sentences in descriptions.jpg

Second Screenshot:

0_1498580107125_admin missing short descriptions for products.jpg

Thank you!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I reduce the font size of header tags in the descriptions?

That's the HTML editor on the product page, right? This editor doesn't use Frontoffice CSS, so appearance can be quite different from what you can see on the actual FO page. That's why there's this "preview" eye to the right of the dog dress.

It's HTML. Font size isn't set by pixels, but by heading type. <h2> (2nd class heading) for large letters, <h5> (5th class heading) for small letters. If this still doesn't match your idea you have to edit front office (S)CSS.

Leftmost of these editor buttons switches to a plain HTML view.

I'm aware of the HTML editor & have used it many times. I manually edited one product and it looked better so I'll tweak the HTML coding the way I want and then add that code to the descriptions on my CSV's. I have a feeling I should leave the FO CSS alone.

Why aren't the short descriptions imported by my CSV?

Thanks!

@mdekker said in CSV problems - missing short descriptions, headers too big:

I was wondering the same. I can't reproduce any of the CSV issues you report

https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/issues/262

@Traumflug "perhaps you should provide some of your CSVs for demonstration the problem. The shorter, the better, as long as the problem shows up."

Short descriptions are no longer missing. They are called "summary" per @jnsgioia which I forgot. Sorry!

The field example (x,y,z...) has no spaces so I first entered tags with no spaces, but then Michael said to make sure there is a space in between tags so I put a space between each tag. No difference.

Tags from product page in admin are cut off: Tags: dog collars collar charms char (see screenshot, please)

My tags for this product from my csv are: dog collars, collar charms, charm for collars, patron saint of all animals, St. Francis

0_1498763639615_tags cut off.jpg

Attached is a csv that has only five single products. No combinations or anything special.

014987597871916-29-17-test-blank-short-description-tags-cut-off-product-tags.csv

Now I actually tried with the CSV above and see, uhm, there is no way to import tags:

0_1498901564199_CSV import.png

Twelve fields, none of them for tags.

About field separators. CSV means "comma separated values" and that pretty much explains what's expected. Nevertheless 30bz has ; set as default field separator. As far as I can see, one should change this to , and multiple value separator to ;. This matches the given CSV file, then.

Now, this CSV has such a multi-value field for tags. But instead of using ;, it puts all tags into one long string. This explains why it's knocked off at 32 characters.

For the fix I have to guess a bit (can't test, see above): the field with tags should change from "dog collars, collar charms, charm for collars, patron saint of all animals, St. Francis" to dog collars; collar charms; charm for collars; patron saint of all animals; St. Francis

See the quotes removed and , replaced by ;? That's the point.

About how to fix this in the spreadsheet. Obviously it's a good idea to set ; as field separator for CSV export to match 30bz' default. That's probably the better choice for languages with , as decimal separator anyways.

On how to generate multi-fields in a spreadsheet? No idea. Didn't know spreadsheets actually allow to do this and a quick google brings nothing like this up. Which raises the question: how did the PrestaShop guys expect this to work?

The question is how to create a multiple value field and whether/which spreadsheets can do this at all. :-)

Right now I'm reworking tag import a bit to recognize a single string with comma separated values, too. I think it's best to allow the same type of entry as when adding tags manually.

So issue #286 is open instead: https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/pull/286

@Traumflug "Right now I’m reworking tag import a bit to recognize a single string with comma separated values, too. I think it’s best to allow the same type of entry as when adding tags manually." Yes, please!

I have MS Office for the Mac but after 2 years of back and forth, everyone said that OpenOffice is best and that Excel doesn't import correctly. I create csv's from OpenOffice calc. @mdekker - I was told the exact opposite for Excel, but if it will work fine in thirty bees, I don't mind going back to it again. The only thing is MS Office is much more of a memory hog than OpenOffice.

@Traumflug - I looked at the BO - catalog - tags and see what you mean but they are still cut off in case you need to know this: dogs,jewelry,charms,Saint Franci

What I would like is to have the csv import fields of field separator and multiple value separator to be the same all the time. When I import products, it's one way and when I import categories or combinations it's another way: they are either comma and semicolon or semicolon and comma. I have to keep going back to the csv import page to change them.

Thanks! Stephanie