thirty bees forum

TB 1.1.x error with the Order Edit module 1.3

ALM

Question

In my old PS1.6 I used the module OrderEdit V1.3 from silbersaiten for order processing.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work properly with TB. When trying to edit an order, the following message appears:

Warning in Zeile 0 der Datei modules//orderedit/views/templates/admin/_configure/order_edit/helpers/_shipping.tpl
[2] A non-numeric value encountered

Warning in Zeile 0 der Datei modules//orderedit/views/templates/admin/_configure/order_edit/helpers/_shipping.tpl

Warning in Zeile 0 der Datei modules//orderedit/views/templates/admin/_configure/order_edit/helpers/_new_product.tpl

Warning in Zeile 0 der Datei modules//orderedit/views/templates/admin/_configure/order_edit/helpers/_new_product.tpl

Warning in Zeile 0 der Datei modules//orderedit/views/templates/admin/_configure/order_edit/helpers/_product_line.tpl

Warning in Zeile 0 der Datei modules//orderedit/views/templates/admin/_configure/order_edit/helpers/_product_line.tpl

Any ideas for the root cause?

Thanks
Alex

OrderEdit_error_TB.jpg

8 answers to this question

I've seen this one.

This module have some very strange code in its templates. For example:

{if $currency->sign % 2}...{/if}

The modulo (%) operator returns the remainder after division operation. If the 'sign' variable contained integer number, it would be ok. The result would always be either 0 or 1.  However, the 'sign' variable in currency object does not contains number, it contains currency symbol. Such as € or $. Now, I'm not mathematician, but I guess expressions like 

% 2

are not really valid. Thus the error code.

Contact the module developer and ask them to fix it. 

• Like 1

@datakick Thank you for your feedback.

I don't expect the module developer to fix the problem as it was purchased for PS1.6 and however it worked under PS.

Do you have a specific module for order changes (I couldn't find one on your website) or can you recommend one for TB?

The module might appeared to work on ps16, but only because you probably run on lower version of php. But the problem was always there. New php versions are just more strict and complain louder.

Anyway, this is not critical issue. The code still works, php just complains. You can disable debug mode and it will be 'fixed'.

Alternatively, you can search for all occurrences of 

$currency->sign % 2

in this module *.tpl files, and replace them with

$currency->sign

Hi,

you can reproduce the error in the following manner:

1. Activate debug mode
2. Select any order for editing

Which TB version are you using and which version is your order edit module?

My versions are the following:
TB: 1.1.x bleeding edge
order editor: V1.3.0

can you change on your site the shipping costs and they are correctly shown after modification?

PS: I changed the *.tpl files as recommended by Petr and the warning message does not popup anymore, but unfortunately the module himself is still not working correctly.

Edited by ALM