thirty bees forum

Blocktopmenu, categories and subcategories

ariom

Question

I just discovered that on BO categories page i can't choose the type of category to create root category or child category ...
this is my category page:

1356758910_Screenshot_2020-12-18CategorieMUDRASHOP.png.7bcc41a754c66bde2a98c16d7da36ec0.png

and this is how it should be:

671296091_Screenshot_2020-12-18CategoriesMsingrosso.png.97fb09d7a6e5ca6e6d5ac33b1720070c.png

i can create, edit and manage the categories, but i can't make any parent category....

Can anybody point me in the direction to understand where to check to find the reason of this problem?
Thank you in advance for your suggestion ....

7 answers to this question

thank you Wartin but this is not usefull, I try to explain a bit ....

I made some test ed i see that everything is working fine  on the categories page, i can create,  edit and manage the categories correctly,....

the problem is coming when i want to add them on blocktopmenu ...
no newly created categories are displayed, at any level, i try to uninstall and reinstall it, add menu items etc .... the newly created categories are ok on the category page

blocktopmenu is catching them ( i can see the new categories on the right side, i can select them and add to the left side on the menu configuration page) but they are not displayed on the front page  topmenu....

i felted it was something related to the categories creation, but i'm quite shure it is related to blocktopmenu itself, also if i don't know how, what and where .....

i'm a bit confused, please help me understand what i shall try or do ....

5 minutes ago, ariom said:

blocktopmenu is catching them ( i can see the new categories on the right side, i can select them and add to the left side on the menu configuration page) but they are not displayed on the front page  topmenu....

Oh, I see.
Check that your new categories are marked as 'show' in categories. For example these two are not (x mark):

image.thumb.png.7494552ce619e902effa13f948af041f.png

35 minutes ago, Wartin said:

Oh, I see.
Check that your new categories are marked as 'show' in categories. For example these two are not (x mark):

image.thumb.png.7494552ce619e902effa13f948af041f.png

Yes they are all active .... i tried also to uninstall and reinstall the blocktopmenu, nothing change ... i will check in the database to see if there is some difference between old categories (correctly displayed on the menu) and the newly created categories (not displayed on the menu) ... i'm really stuck 😞

wah ... for some reason when creating categories, on the DB they where assigned only to group n. 1 ... this is strange because it happen suddenly with no change to the core, anyway for the moment i just assigned them to group no. 2 and 3 creating the respective rows in the Category group table ... this made the blocktopmenu work as expected ...

Still i can't understand the reason and find a fix for the problem, but at list i feel in the good direction ...
thank you for your time Wartin ... if anymore suggestion they are allways appreciated...!

I used to get this happening quite a lot on Prestashop 1.6. In fact categories already assigned would suddenly be unassigned. I had a script I ran once per week to re-assign all the categories again,

Never happened on thirtybees though.  Very strange

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2020 at 10:28 PM, haylau said:

I used to get this happening quite a lot on Prestashop 1.6. In fact categories already assigned would suddenly be unassigned. I had a script I ran once per week to re-assign all the categories again,

Never happened on thirtybees though.  Very strange

Yes Haylau, very strange for me too, i started this site with PS 1.3....up to 1.6, then migrated to TB, and everything was running fine till last week...

Anyway, i'm ok for the moment with understanding where the problem was and with the fix in the DB, i'm not creating new categories every day and, until now, i never had problem with already assigned categories, just with new one .... i will look deeper on it the next days ....

MERRY XMAS TO YOU ALL .... HOPING FOR A BETTER FUTURE ....!

Edited by ariom