thirty bees forum

500 error on checkout

SLiCK_303

The changes made to the paypal module today (v5.4.4) has made a 500 error on checkout.  I use knowbands supercheckout module.  I get the following in my log file...

Class 'PayPalModule\PayPalLogos' not found at line 999 in file modules/paypal/paypal.php

Couple of thirtybees modules (paypal included) uses psr-0 autoload functionality, but with incorrect file structure. This was allowed in older version of composer (with warnings). Newer version of composers does not allow this, resulting in 500 error code.

I have fixed the paypal module. Will have to go over other modules that uses composer autoload functionality and check if they work or not

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, movieseals said:

However, a customer checked out using Paypal and while I received the funds, the order was never validated.  I had to manually go and create and approve the order for the customer.

Yes, unfortunately that happens sometimes. There can be various reasons why this happens:

• Your customer might close the browser before the redirection is done
  • they can have some browser 'security' plugin installed that prevented the final redirect
  • if you use cloudflare (or similar) then they could have mark your visitor as an attacker and block the access to your site
  • your server could have been overloaded and did not accept new connection at the time
  • there could be error inside payment handler on your site
  • etc...

All you can do is look into the server logs (both server and thirtybees logs) to see if there was any error in the timeframe of the payment

Thanks for the clarification.  But it never happened before and now it is happening systematically on my shop with all clients that pay with paypal.

I will try and revert back to the old module and try to see if it fixes things or not.  Will keep you posted.

15 minutes ago, datakick said:

If it doesn't work on your site then there must be some interference there

I am fully aware it could be the case.  Just wanted to point it out in case somebody else encountered the issue or that it might be relevant.  There are so many variables, it is often hard to tell what causes what.  I will try resetting the module and if not, I will revert to the older one. 5.4.3.

So it took a while but I finally solved the issue and I will put it here in case someone else ever runs into the same problem again:

The issue was server side, with our hosting having installed Cloudlinux.  The end result was that there was two versions of php, alt-php and ea-php, which led to a conflict with curl, which effectively destroyed Paypal's functions.

All good now.

So many factors and variables to consider when something goes wrong!

• Like 1