thirty bees forum

Presta modules

Mark

Im wanting to press ahead with getting different PS modules, however I dont know how compatible these will be with TB in future as  TB appears to be going off in its own direction and may not be fully compatible with PS1.6 and 1.7modules.

I need to understand at what point will these 1.6/1.7 modules become incompatible with TB.  Need some element of certainty and guidlines around what to do as TB and presta go off in different directions and become less compatible.

I don't believe there has ever been a claim that 1.7 modules are compatable. 1.6 - should be compatable, but as we know every module often needs a tweak or two to work with our specific installations

My understanding is that TB will maintain 1.6 compatabilty for the forseable future

I'm not a developer but I'd like to know what's involved in "tweaking" modules from various presta modules to work with TB and then being confident they will continue to do so.

I don't know if the tweaks are minor or involve considerable time but what I can say is that on my list of concerns this rates highly.

Most Devs haven't heard of or won't work with TB and so a crucial service for me is some sort of compatibility service between Presta modules and TB, before I even buy them.

If there was one thing I would love for Tb to have it would be a place where I or developers could upload their code and be told immediately of the compatibility issues @datakick@

Edited by Mark

Sorry. I did not mean tweaked to work with thirtybees. What I meant was I often find any module for any platform needs tweaking to work with your specific shop because of the unique combination of themes and modules you have installed

When I bought ps1.6 modules to work on prestahop they often needed small tweaks

same with thirtybees  the module devs usually do the tweaking  as part of the purchase price  

I just meant no module for thirtybees or prestahop is guaranteed to work out of the box. 

Yep happy there's no guarantees.... Just looking for a way to ascertain quickly what the incompatibilities are.

I do realise this would be quite hard to get right.

Maybe Developers could test their module in the framework. Or maybe pay some nominal fee to have a tb dev test it or some other arrangement.

Then there's a report and the report details any incompatibilities. The Dev can either fix them or just advise the incompatibilities exist or may exist and leave it at that.

The idea of having a testing bench for modules sounds good to me with some sort of stamp of approval.

Also a way of us reporting tb module incompatibilities back to the Dev so others can see about these and the Dev can advise a solution.

Edited by Mark