thirty bees forum

Multiple choice

SebPCB

Hi

I have products that have different values that you can choose from, each value with its own price.

How to make a drop down menu at one product for this?

Lets say I have this combination:
Product A has 40 variations, all same price

So I att attribute Value and add all values for the 40 variations. After that WHAT TO DO?????

I need a drop down menu to choose from at the product but instead I only have one product with the lowerst value that I can choose. Is this version so stupid I cannot add different values for the same product or what am I doing wrong here?

Have been trying this all day, there are no videos, descriptions or anything so HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM????

I am very, very thankful for any support.

In my old store it looked like this;

image.png.388fbcc00bf5f2e44b8cd2aea83dedb0.png

The drop down menu seems impossible to add here at the bee or what?

Edited by SebPCB

26 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

The type of attribute is not a property of the product but a property of the attribute.

asd.jpg.d42cb841765a17f9c7dcdfb1bf2d9fe8.jpg

Thank you for your reply.
Yes I am aware of that and tried it, but no options sign up in a list or anywhere when I use that.
Have added all values to attribute or whatever its called, but its impossible to get those values in a drop down menu even if I have added just as you say here above.
The values do simply not add to my list. It's also possible to add values in many different locations so next question will be;

Where do I add the variations to be visible for that product?

Here is a list of my attributes

image.png.07cb737144583c76ff2966e0a59dfab6.png

So how to add those to a product?

When I add a product to this category all I get is this

image.png.25016f0fa55b7ddddce932ab407d60e8.png

No multiple choice nothing just ONE product

Edited by SebPCB

2 hours ago, haylau said:

Add the different attributes here:

image.png.76868939eeebab3b86c860b965b584d6.png

Then use the product combinations tab to add them in, (use the quantity tab to add the quantities of each combination

image.thumb.png.58739a46f68df6a702861bf6a642c0a7.png

And that ends up looking like this

image.png.b547e2689ac9f596e4d76a328b7ccc00.png

Impressive it works for you. It still does not work for me, I have done just like that;

image.thumb.png.a18f7045c47b2361aabf4d74f39f2ca7.pngimage.thumb.png.a18f7045c47b2361aabf4d74f39f2ca7.png

Still there is NO choice available;

image.png.97a6ffdb9104702c2604ddcac30ab1f8.png

When I click this product NOTHING happens, it stays on the same page. I have added text to the product as well, product description but that is not visible anywhere either.
What is this, why?

In the standard template, there is no display of product variations in the product list for the products.

to display the short description in the product list, you can:
1. Change the list view from grid to list
2. change the template (e.g. here:
https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/3413-niara-theme-short-description/

Edited by colorful-ant

6 minutes ago, colorful-ant said:

In the standard template, there is no display of product variations in the product list for the products.

to display the short description in the product list, you can:
1. Change the list view from grid to list
2. change the template (e.g. here:
https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/3413-niara-theme-short-description/

Forget it, I am NOT a programmer. I am an owner of a shop, I will not engage myself in script programming.
Is there another way of doing it?

2 minutes ago, colorful-ant said:

the panda template (thirty bees - version) has already integrated these functions and many other options
https://www.sunnytoo.com/product/panda-creative-responsive-prestashop-theme

Great. So far over the last 2 years I have spent about 2500 USD to setup my site and store, I don't buy a store template for that amount. Sorry. 
So what you say is that it is impossible to add combinations in the standard template?

By the way, thank you for your reply!

Edited by SebPCB

15 minutes ago, SebPCB said:

Great. So far over the last 2 years I have spent about 2500 USD to setup my site and store, I don't buy a store template for that amount. Sorry. 
So what you say is that it is impossible to add combinations in the standard template?

By the way, thank you for your reply!

Description is available when I click the item and that is fine with me for now.

3 hours ago, haylau said:

Add the different attributes here:

image.png.76868939eeebab3b86c860b965b584d6.png

Then use the product combinations tab to add them in, (use the quantity tab to add the quantities of each combination

image.thumb.png.58739a46f68df6a702861bf6a642c0a7.png

And that ends up looking like this

image.png.b547e2689ac9f596e4d76a328b7ccc00.png

Okay, new update. Now I have added all values and tried combinations, does not work.
This is what I have;

image.thumb.png.b458d6592432333164f2b07f086a0cec.png

There are enough of each value 200 pcs in store, just set as random right now.

Combinations look like this;

image.thumb.png.e9dfcbe3aad0917caea009e081edf4b4.png

And when I look at theitem in the store it looks like this;

image.png.cd72c0ca0488fa0e188c8a5f91927f1e.png

When I press it nothing happens, no description come up no possibility to change values........

Well I might be an amateur here but this complicated to add variations, that makes it not easy to use this shop. I'm exhausted after many days of trying now.
Is it working with the default "theme" or whatever you call it?

If not let me know and I drop this shop version, I cannot build and spend more money right now.

Edited by SebPCB

When you start using something it's pretty normal you won't do everything that you want to do in just a couple of hours. Just be patient.

I think you're not entering the product's page, that's where it will show you the combinations.
I have disabled shop button in products with combinations, so the user has to click in the item and go to it's page. It's a setting in the shop.