thirty bees forum

Possible Attributes/When out of stock bug?

Bside2234

Question

TB 1.2.0 using Niara theme.

The attributes and When out of stock functions seem to create the opposite actions that they should unless I'm missing something?

If I have Deny Orders selected for When out of Stock:
I have a product with the options/attributes of No and Yes. No being set to $0.00 and Yes increases the cost to $20.00. I have the stock quantity for No set at 0 and the quantity for Yes set at 1000.
The Add To Cart button is showing while the No is selected and it's disappearing while Yes is being selected.

The site isn't exactly live right now but I've made it live temporarily so you can have a look: https://griffineffects.com/tb/mods-kits/dunlop/cbm95-crybaby-mini/cbm95-mini-wah-mod-service#/27-q_control-no

This also happens when I change it from Radio Buttons to Drop-Down Menu so it's not radio button specific. If I set it to Allow orders the Add to cart button works just fine. It's just the Deny orders/Default:Deny orders settings that make it work opposite than expected.

Edit: Oh, I'm also using Stable and not Bleeding Edge if that makes any difference and it's a fresh install.

I attached some pics also

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Edited by Bside2234
Added some info

13 answers to this question

On 8/6/2021 at 1:34 AM, datakick said:

I tested the functionality on my local environment and it works fine. 

Please ensure you have latest version of niara theme, and that you don't have any core modifications and/or overrides

It's a brand new install. I did change a few core files. I kept track of my changes. I'll change them back and see it if helps.

How do I check to see if I have the latest version a the Niara theme? Grabbed it off Github. Didn't fix anything

Edit:

So I reverted any core files/CSS I did. I ran the compare in the Core updater and it shows nothing is different and it's still doing it. I'm going to disable modules one-by-one to see if any of them are causing the issue. Well, disabling the modules (I only installed 4 new modules) didn't do anything to help.

I also went into themes/Advanced and changed Directory from Niara to Community-theme-default and that didn't help either.

Then I went to Advanced Parameters/Debug Mode and set all the debug mode to yes along with disable non TB modules and all overrides. Still didn't do anything.

Any other ideas?

pic6.jpg

Edited by Bside2234
Added some info

So what I think is happening is it's "reading" the attributes backwards. If I have the stock quantity of Yes to 1000 and set the stock quantity of No to 1, when I activate the Yes radio button on the product page, it says "Warning Last Items In Stock".

If I set the quantity of Yes to 0 and the stock quantity of No to 1000, the product page radio buttons work exactly correct. I added the item to the cart and it shows up correctly.

So the attributes are indeed working backwards.

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

Edited by Bside2234

I really need to get this fixed. I can't use this as it is. It's happening on all products with combinations that have mixed stock (some combos have stock and others don't) and deny orders is active.

Even with Allow Orders selected the stock is backwards if one of the combinations is 0.

I exported all products, installed a fresh TB, imported the products and it's still doing it.

Can anyone help me???? I have a few other problems/issues with some other things too which happened in both installs of TB. The lack of help here is making me think of abandoning TB

and going for something else. At least at Prestashop there were a lot of people that helped when I had a problem/question.

1 hour ago, AdamGunderson said:

BUMP: I am running into this too!

They kept telling me it's not a bug and I really never found a way to fix it. What did fix it was updating to the new 1.3 when it came out. The Prestashop install I had at the time started doing it too so I was leaning towards something changed on my hosting. They also said it wasn't a problem with the hosting even though I had the issue when I installed PS using their built in installer.

So I really don't know what changed when updating to 1.3 but that fixed whatever it was. Before the 1.3 update fix I used Prestatools and Store Manager to alter the quantities to the correct values and that worked as a work-around.

Edited by Bside2234

Yeah, I think if you check the quantity in the database, it will be wrong too so just making the Add To Cart show up wouldn't fix it. At least I wouldn't think so. The wrong values are getting written from the BO to the database. I think because Store Manager connects directly to the database (and I assume PrestaTools does too) it writes the correct values directly to the database which is why they worked.

That was about as far as I could ever figure out what was going on.

Edited by Bside2234