thirty bees forum

Modules not implementing handler for hook after upgrade to 1.2

steved

Question

I'm looking to upgrade my live server to PHP 7.4 and ultimately 8.0.

As a first step I upgraded my live site from TB 1.1 to 1.2 in anticipation of moving to 1.3 and PHP 7.4 and have noticed a couple of severity level 2 messages appearing in the logs. This is on a server running PHP 7.3.

The live site is still accepting orders so do not know if this is anything to worry about. The two messages in the log file are

Module 'stripe' doesn't implement handler for hook 'displayHeader' and Module 'blockwishlist' doesn't implement handler for hook 'actionCartSave'.

I'm still looking to configure Stripe so have disabled both modules for the time being as I'm not currently using them.

3 answers to this question

15 hours ago, steved said:

I'm looking to upgrade my live server to PHP 7.4 and ultimately 8.0.

As a first step I upgraded my live site from TB 1.1 to 1.2 in anticipation of moving to 1.3 and PHP 7.4 and have noticed a couple of severity level 2 messages appearing in the logs. This is on a server running PHP 7.3.

The live site is still accepting orders so do not know if this is anything to worry about. The two messages in the log file are

Module 'stripe' doesn't implement handler for hook 'displayHeader' and Module 'blockwishlist' doesn't implement handler for hook 'actionCartSave'.

I'm still looking to configure Stripe so have disabled both modules for the time being as I'm not currently using them.

These are only notices, not errors. You don't have to worry about them much.

What happens here is that module is registering hook (telling thirty bees core to call back when something happens) but it does not implement code handler. Without the handler core have no way to actually call back the module. It's like asking somebody to call you but forgetting to provide your phone number.

Thirtybees simply detects this situation, and emits notice into system log with hope that somebody will contact module author and ask them to fix this issue. Usually the fix is pretty simply, just delete hook registration from module.

• Like 2