thirty bees forum

An installation theme error on a new fresh TB 1.3.0 installation

pessoal2004

Question

9 answers to this question

Not possible. Just... no.

The only way this could happen is if your browser sent two ajax requests to install theme. That's very unlikely. Very, very unlikely. 

Unfortunately it's possible, but only if you have some very weird caching browser extension, adblocker, etc. Or maybe some server redirection.... who knows. 

Look into browser console, Network tab, and see what requests are send during installation. There should be only one request with installTheme=true

image.thumb.png.34e50341fa63957537ef95bc86cb431c.png

• Like 2

Thank you very much for your answer.

You are right, "Or maybe some server redirection.... who knows. ".

I'm putting the apache on a Rocky server and the MariaDB on another Rocky server and between them, I put the stunnel with openssl.

On TB_1.0.5 everything is fine.

But on TB_1.3.0, TB_1.2.0 and TB_1.1.0 I can't install the TB.

I can go around this installing the TB on a single server with httpd and mariadb and then pass the TB to these 2 separate servers.

I have 2 questions:

1- Why the stunnel work on TB_1.0.5 and don't work on the recent versions? What changed on TB?

2- I can have problems in the TB_1.3.0 if I use the stunnel?

My goal is to have 2 separate servers, one for httpd and another for Mariadb.

Cheers

image.png

The fact that the database is located on different server connected by stunnel is unrelated. This is just a red herring. 

Let me reiterate what we know:

1. during installation, database is created from scratch as is empty
  2. the theme is installed when index.php?installTheme=true request is processed by php server. This is the only place in install process that calls the theme install method
  3. the error is throws only if theme is already installed -- the record in database exists

The only explanation for this error to occur is that the index.php?installTheme=true request was processed twice by your php server.  

If you browser does not send the request twice, then there must be some other component in your infrastructure that duplicates / repeat this ajax call. For example, there could be a load balancer or proxy server. Maybe proxy server is misconfigured, and re-send the request to your php server if the response is not received promptly (this might actually explain why it works when db and php are on the same server. Communication via stunnel is bound to have higher latency)

Look into your php server access_log to verify how many times the installTheme request was received.

• Like 1

Hi Datakick,
Thank you very much for your help.

I installed 2 servers with minimum configuration.
Server_1: httpd server with stunnel
Server_2: mariadb with stunnel

And I have the same error.

I will send you a PM with the logins and IP's and you can install the TB and check if you also have the error.

If you have a little time to take a look I appreciate it. 

Cheers