thirty bees forum

Allowing 3rd party access to download product images

Mark

Question

In setting up 3rd party access to my site's data, I supply a url to the image on the website, which I want them to download and sync to their server.

However, to prevent "the internet" from downloading images, TB seems to prevent this... which is good.

Is there an easy (no coding adjustments, just UI ) way by which we can permit some IP's to access and download the images?

Edited by Mark

5 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Mark said:

In setting up 3rd party access to my site's data, I supply a url to the image on the website, which I want them to download and sync to their server.

However, to prevent "the internet" from downloading images, TB seems to prevent this... which is good.

Is there an easy (no coding adjustments, just UI ) way by which we can permit some IP's to access and download the images?

If you have the image URL nothing is holding you to download it from an external server, except if you install yourself antileech system.

But you need the real url not the rewritten one, that can be done from a php script, I can help you as I already export images link for websites synchs.

I'm not sure what protection are you talking about. The only kind of image protection that tb has is watermark module. It can generate .htaccess rules to block access to images without watermark. Of course, this only works on apache, on nginx+php-fpm such .htaccess protection is useless. 

I've been told it's cloudflare controlling this, its one of the many features in that.

I'm getting round to understanding exactly which feature it is and whether they can do exceptions via the API etc.

When I've got to the bottom of this I'll post up here what I found it's quite a good feature to know about.

• Like 1