thirty bees forum

All products in shop disappered after deleting a catagory

Joint Systems

We deleted two catagories including all products without difficulties.  When we deleted the third and went back to products without filter by catagory there was 0 in the catalog, however when you go to prefrenses search it shows: The "indexed" products have been analyzed by thirty bees and will appear in the results of a front office search.
Indexed products 283450 / 283450.

We tried rebuilding the index which said completed successfully, still 0 products in catalog.  Ran TB cleaner module check and fix, still 0 products. Ran clean and optimize both of which dompleted succesfully but 0 products?  

Disabled Categories0
Top Category30 DAYS Silver Streak
Average number of products per category 10123

products 0.PNG

Edited by Joint Systems

I have something similair too 😂 Ok seriously it's not fun at all, but I named my category like this:

image.thumb.png.bc5d25c45c009c582adda8eb0305e61a.png

It's warning to never delete "Fake" category. Maybe it's the same issue. I guess it's somehow kind of a root category. Atm I don't have time to search for the bug.

I agree with @nickz check your backup. Check, what id the category had and add it again. You can add a normal category and then just try to change the id in the database.

Ok for my case I understand the problem. But not for yours. I just noticed that there is warning when deleting a critical category:

image.thumb.png.7c843ba0fe0eeb54a057ca5b96b5a9c8.png

Are you using multistore?

Can you please check your ps_configuration mysql table for 'PS_HOME_CATEGORY' and 'PS_ROOT_CATEGORY'? Is it the same value? Is it even equal 1?