thirty bees forum

Category import csv

Havouza

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jnsgioia said in Category import csv:

I found with prestashop 1.7 (which is what this upload is based on) I had to change the field separator to | and the multiple value separator to ~. The upload file I use for the prestashop site worked here without any problems.

@jnsgioia I'll try that. Thank you. I'm going to have to delete everything again. I'm stuck in "Groundhog Day" (the old movie with Bill Murray who has to keep repeating one day over and over until he finally gets it right. :)

@Havouza said in Category import csv:

I have given up the csv upload and use a module I bought for PS. can also import excel which is easier to handle in my opinion.

@Havouza Did you tell me that module, already? If not, what is it, please? My store is new and I'm getting nowhere fast. It's not the fault of ThirtyBees. PS 1.6.1.11 cooperates to an extent, but it's slow.

@alwayspaws When you import categories, they don't automatically appear in the top menu. You need to go into Modules & Services and search for the Community Theme Top Menu. Edit it to suit your needs.

To get rid of the categories in the footer, o to Modules & Services and search for Categories block. Click on it and change "How many footer columns would you like?" to zero and see if that works.

As for the import going wrong, with wrong images etc, can you email me your csv file and I'll take a look again. I thought we had this working fine, so something must be wrong with the fields.

@spidawebs It may help to see My TB test website: https://prestatest.alwayspaws.com/

Community Theme Top Menu ​I tried that before but I still only have one Top Menu item.

0_1490009714724_TB-top-menu-items-no-categories.jpg

My categories show up on the left side only when I search for a product. I searched for "tie" and it came up with "no results" but I uploaded several ties.

0_1490009813503_categories-only-show-up-after-search.jpg

"To get rid of the categories in the footer..."

I changed to zero, cleared cache, cleared browser history and settings from firefox and safari. The categories in the footer are still there.​

In addition: Home shows 8 products in NEW ARRIVALS and in POPULAR. As far as I know, nothing should show in popular unless I made a sale, which I haven't.

I configured Prefs - Products - pagination to 16 to see if any more than eight products would appear on the home page so I could at least view them, but even after clearing cache, New Arrivals and Popular remain at eight products.

@mdekker created a bug fix for the importer, which is great, but you seem to have no problem. :)

I will send you the csv by email soon.

Thank you for all the help.

@alwayspaws To add more items to the menu, click the little plus sign near the top right when you are in the module. It's not very obvious. You can then create new menu items for categories or category trees.

Go to Preferences > Search and click add missing products to index. It looks like the index hasn't been updated since you added the products. It's a good idea to setup a cron job for this so you don't have to keep doing it manually.

Not sure why the categories are still displaying in the footer. I need to remove that on mine too so I will have a play and report back.

OK, I will try to add the items to the menu. I don't know how to set up cron jobs and researched that for five months for magento and PS and begged my host to set one up for me, but they can't or whatever.

I hope you can resolve the categories in the footer problem. I emailed you the spreadsheets.

Thank you.

@alwayspaws Just disable the categories block in modules - that removes it completely.

You'd be better off using a Cron module within thirty bees so you don't have to mess about with your host. I use this one which is free:

http://bit.ly/crontab-for-prestashop

Just install it in the normal way, then copy the url in Preferences > Search and set it up to run every day at midnight, or more often if you wish.

@spidawebs said in Category import csv:

@alwayspaws To add more items to the menu, click the little plus sign near the top right when you are in the module. It's not very obvious. You can then create new menu items for categories or category trees.

I don't see any little plus sign.

0_1490016460168_1.jpg

Go to Preferences > Search and click add missing products to index. It looks like the index hasn't been updated since you added the products. It's a good idea to setup a cron job for this so you don't have to keep doing it manually.

You were right about that. I forgot to reindex the products. Thanks! I'll check into cron jobs from your other post. Thanks, again!

@alwayspaws Just disable the categories block in modules - that removes it completely.

That worked great! The categories are no longer displaying in the footer.

You'd be better off using a Cron module within thirty bees so you don't have to mess about with your host. I use this one which is free:

Just install it in the normal way, then copy the url in Preferences > Search and set it up to run every day at midnight, or more often if you wish.

Checking into this now. Thanks!

Just install it in the normal way, then copy the url in Preferences > Search and set it up to run every day at midnight, or more often if you wish

Something went right! :) Installed the free Cron jobs module but should I pick "Server crontab"?

@alwayspaws Look just above and to the right of the word "Position" and you will see a small grey plus sign. It should be made a lot more obvious.

Now I see it! Thanks. New problem - I have to manually enter every category and subcategory here?

There's nowhere to pick and choose the categories I already uploaded?

Further up is a screenshot of my categories so they exist somewhere (in the ether or a blackhole) but I can't get them to show up on the home page or any page at the top.

In preferences - top menu items - I clicked the tiny gray plus sign and selected "Category Tree".

What else do I fill in on that page so that my categories will show up, please?