thirty bees forum

very slow page after update to edge

Havouza

Hi

We have a vps with 2 shops running. they are really setuop the same way with same modules etc. Both TB 1.4

One of them is for some reason very slow now. jv74.se

The other one loads much faster and searches is much faster. 

is there some way to diagnose what is wrong?

They both run on ubuntu

First I thought it was my internet here in Cyprus that was slow but the owner in Sweden say the same and he has a 100/100 fiber

After some further tests, you are right. jv80.se is faster (once you have loded the page fully). But the for the first call both are very slow. I would guess it is some caching setting. But you could turn on profiling in BO and check if it tells any interesting difference.

Edit: even the homepage has double size 66.0 kB to 30.4kB. I don't know what this exactly means, but it clearly says this two pages are not as similair as you think...

Check also console. There is a cookie issue on jv74.se that isnt on jv80.se. 

Edited by wakabayashi

Can you firstly check that you have the optimal caching settings: Never recompile (if you don't change stuff often and Recompile if modified if you do) / Cache - yes / File system / Clear cache when modified / CCC - all yes / Ciphering - PHP Enc / Server side cache - Yes (Redis or APC) / Full page - NO (it's broken)

Then if you can please share your server settings (memory limits, software versions, etc).

If everything here is OK we can then proceed with debuging by turning ON Profiling and Debuging and seeing what is showing there (but in offtime for your shop).

Also, I know that you recently migrated to this VPS but if it's on litespeed (I highly doubt) you can install a caching plugin that really speeds up the whole thing and it's free. If not on litespeed look around for such provider and when your current VPS expires better change to it.

Latest edge channel updates don't contain anything that can slow down our shops. datakick even introduces some minor speedups (that won't affect the shops with noticeable speed improvements too)

Edited by the.rampage.rado