thirty bees forum

Please help with 500 server error when processing placing an order all payment methods.

officerat

My first customer ever received a 500 server error when attempting to place an order and now that paypal has charged him for the item and he never received it there is an open dispute. Please help me fix this 500 server error when placing an order as soon as I try to complete the checkout here is the encrypted error message. What can I do to remedy the situation?

decrypted error message:

$rheaders[$name] = $values;
219:                }
220:            }
221:        } catch (BadResponseException $e) {
222:            $headers = [];
223:            foreach ($e->getResponse()->getHeaders() as $name => $values) {
224:                if (is_array($values)) {
225:                    $headers[$name] = implode(', ', $values);
226:                } elseif (is_string($values)) {
227:                    $headers[$name] = $values;
228:                }
229:            }
230:            $message = 'Could not connect with Stripe';
231:            try {
232:                $json = json_decode((string)$e->getResponse()->getBody(), true);
233:                if (isset($json['error']['message'])) {
234:                    $message = $json['error']['message'];
235:                }
236:            } catch (\Exception $ignored) {}
237:            throw new Error\ApiConnection(
238:                $message,
239:                $e->getResponse()->getStatusCode(),
240:                (string) $e->getResponse()->getBody(),
241:                json_encode((string) $e->getResponse()->getBody()),
242:                $headers
243:            );
244:        } catch (\Exception $e) {
245:            throw new Error\ApiConnection('Could not connect with Stripe: ' . $e);
246:        }

I also tested the system and I received the same error message and am unable to place any orders. Im losing money, already lost $200 in payments not processing

server error.png

exception_202282131510.txt

ruined.jpg

image.png

stacktrace.jpg

error.jpg

Edited by officerat

I cannot test paypal because it won't allow the same account as who's charging the money to pay the money. I get a warning that I am the seller account and I cannot order through paypal with the same account. That is the entire error message, I am trying to get stripe working or anything working at this point any payment method is better than none. and yes there was a dispute for paypal it charged him then it said 500 server error and the order did not even register in thirtybees but the customer was charged for the item. In fact, I first heard about the dispute through paypal by email and I had no knowledge of the order at all until I emailed the customer who has since moved on and bought it somewhere else.

dispute.png

Edited by officerat

Issue resolved after several hours of investigation. It turned out to be a bad stripe module, in fact if the stripe module is installed neither the paypal nor the stripe will work. I removed completely the stripe and i deleted the paypal as well and installed it from a different source, githubs repository, then I toggled the switch to disable all 3rd party non thirty bees apps on and off, created a brand new api through paypal and will use paypal for regular credit card purchases as well as paypal purchases. I discovered that there was two incorrect settings selected in paypal as well that were preventing the order from completing. I enabled website payment standard and this time I did not enable express checkout or website payments plus because they are not supported and give an error code which I overlooked before and did not notice but it was there. Now everything is peachy and order processes and product is delivered digital goods and downloadable and the order says that it completed. I will never install stripe again, how aweful that I lost $200 sales and almost two months past of people trying to place orders and no one bothered to message me and tell me that the checkout wasn't working. It was working at first but I only tested it with a free product and it really needs to be tested at $1 and I did this twice and all is working now. I can finally relax because I won't lose anymore business and money. I never will use stripe again, I'd rather buy the square module and try my luck with that however with it working properly I should just use paypal because it processes regular credit card purchases all the same. I just don't like how people open disputes instantly as soon as something isn't working and don't bother to message me and tell me there is something wrong. I never had a chance to fix it before losing money.

635465654654.jpg

65465456465.jpg

efdwfwefewfew.png

ewfewfewfewf.jpg

6854684656546.jpg

654654554.jpg

65465654654.jpg

wefewrfwefwe.jpg

werfewfewfewf.jpg

The error message from stripe module suggested that you have started using new Stripe API version that was released on 2022-08-01. The new API is not compatible with current version of a module, hence the issue.

I'm not sure if you have manually updated your api version in stripe dashboard, or if you crated your stripe account recently and you were assigned newest api version automatically -- you can check in your stripe dashboard which API version you are using:

https://dashboard.stripe.com/developers

Native thirty bees module is compatible with API version 2020-08-27