thirty bees forum

I have 4000 visits per month on the dashboard but google statistics on search console shows only 42 visits

officerat

I have had over 7000 visits to date in a little over 2 months and I have had one sale which came from an ad I posted on Kijijji. Why are there so many visits and no purchases, there are some abandoned shopping

carts with rediculious amount of items inside. In excess of 10 items in abandoned carts almost as if somone has been playing with the website like its a game. I have checked the checkout process and all is working 100%, even the customer create an account is working. Eveything is in order but my store is not making any sales. Are the visits real? How can I check if they are not just bots patroling the internet and if these are real visits? Is there any seo I can do to make more of the right customers view my listings. It just makes no sence that nobody is buying anything, my store is beautiful and there are hundreds of items posted. Why all the abandoned carts?

Are you comparing your dashboard stats to G Analytics?

If so, please update to the latest edge version and you should see a decrease in the dashboard stats because they used an old mechanism to detect if certain visitor is bot or not. If your site is newer it's normal to have lower conversion 1 sale in 42 real vistits is not bad for start.

Of course as a sidenote I would say that high drop rate might be caused by many things and you must observe for patterns.

Edited by the.rampage.rado

These bots filling the cart are pretty common.

I have no idea why they do that, however, I observed it many times.

If you do not want bots to fill up the cart you must use an addon that do not allow non registered users to use the cart, doing so only users who signed in will be able to use the cart.

However doing so also conversion is harder, many some potential new clients might not proceed if they cannot simulate a purchase before signing in...

So in order to take a decision much depends on the traffic you have, the resources of the server, the kind of products and customers you deal with.. and so on.. you need to evaluate pros and cons accordingly to your specific case