thirty bees forum

Vertical Marketplace

Mark

Has anyone worked on the concept of a vertical marketplace on TB or elsewhere?

This is where products are the top level and retailers/retailer details are attributes of a product.

ie Product page shows for example a Hammer..... the viewer can see where the hammer and different types of hammer is sold and select a retail outlet and can see different outlets pricing and options - to buy it from.

Edited by Mark

I know this concept from big companies. A lot of others have tried to establish some kind of marketplace, but most of them fail. If I had something like that in mind, I would hire 50 devs / 10 marketers and start all over again. 

Maybe your idea is very small. Then there might be a module for it. I have seen such stuff before. Maybe from webkul. 

2 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

I know this concept from big companies. A lot of others have tried to establish some kind of marketplace, but most of them fail. If I had something like that in mind, I would hire 50 devs / 10 marketers and start all over again. 

Maybe your idea is very small. Then there might be a module for it. I have seen such stuff before. Maybe from webkul. 

It's a big concept yes. Years ago I was involved in trying to establish one for a big company. Although the concept is big it's just data structure and how it gets sold.  Although there are Multi Vendor Marketplaces, this concept blends the data into one product and so they can't be used since Multi Vendor assigns one owner to each product.

There's no Vertical Marketplace modules that I know of.

However I have a plan anyway of sorts that  I'm working through doesn't require ridiculous budgets.

• Like 1

Oh ok. That sounds interesting. A main issue I see in such projects: hold up data quality high. How to make sure, that you are "merging" excact same products, but not slightly different ones. 

I have to do this for 20 suppliers or so. And you can't imagine, how big their data mess is...

3 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

Oh ok. That sounds interesting. A main issue I see in such projects: hold up data quality high. How to make sure, that you are "merging" excact same products, but not slightly different ones. 

I have to do this for 20 suppliers or so. And you can't imagine, how big their data mess is...

Yes crucial indeed. In the end the "product" could be quite non specific to type ie "Hammer".  The devil will be in the detail of the combinations I should think, exactly what variant is in stock by whom and where.

Not all of this detail is available in the current system, neither is the functionality ... and the root unique codes that formally and informally identify everything is likely to be messy also I agree.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a system that  can map and import products, variants and EAN's of multiple supplier systems via cron, merge and allow management of that data along with an API to control various permissions of the data and then export the final results from that system into an ecommerce platform like tb?

@datakick

Edited by Mark