thirty bees forum

403 Error when attempting to save SEO & URLs Page

Obi

Question

I recently installed TB 1.3.0 and began configuring for a new store and when I get to the SEO & URLS page and try to save anything, I get a 403 Error - any ideas? Permissions are 0755 on the admin directory and sub-folders and 0644 on files. I haven't encountered this issue anywhere else in the backoffice. Store front seems to be working fine.

Edited by Obi
more descriptive title

6 answers to this question

On 10/14/2022 at 1:55 AM, datakick said:

This is not an application issue. Check your .htaccess or other server configuration.

What exactly should I be looking for?

I've already change the root from 750 to 755 (and only the root), and the .htaccess from 644 to 755, and still get the same error. I have changed those permissions back to their original settings as I know for sure that the .htaccess file permissions set at 755 is not a good idea.

Edited by Obi

On 10/13/2022 at 12:16 PM, the.rampage.rado said:

Same here.

PHP7.4
Litespeed server

My server is also a Linux server running Litespeed and PHP 7.4.32

UPDATE: I've also tried changing the permissions on .htacces to 666 as per the "information tip" instructions embedded in /controllers/admin/AdminMetaController.php - no change in behavior, error still presents.

I have also discovered that I receive the same 403 error when clicking the "save" button for the [Set up URLs], [Set shop URL], and [Schema of URLs].

I am however, able to edit and save page modifications (changed the meta description for the index entry) as well as generate robots.txt and .htaccess files.

Edited by Obi

On 10/29/2022 at 3:10 PM, yaniv14 said:

try to disable modsecurity

Not sure if you meant to disable under cpanel or via the page...

However setting "Disable Apache's mod_security module" to [Yes] seems to have solved the problem.

Edited by Obi