thirty bees forum

Image thumbnail missing

Fizzwizz

When I create a new product and upload the images, I cannot see the image in the control, panel. I get the blank camera image.

Clicking this image shows the correct image magnified in an image box, but the thumbnail is still missing.

All products display in the front end correctly.

When I look at the thumbnail image URL it is 262-small.jpg?time=1668195034588

Which has the url ending 262-small.jpg?time=1668195034588

If I remove the ?time variable I get the correct image here ..

262-small.jpg

Why is this happening?

Many thanks ... Shaun

On 11/11/2022 at 8:51 PM, Fizzwizz said:

When I create a new product and upload the images, I cannot see the image in the control, panel. I get the blank camera image.

Clicking this image shows the correct image magnified in an image box, but the thumbnail is still missing.

All products display in the front end correctly.

When I look at the thumbnail image URL it is 262-small.jpg?time=1668195034588

Which has the url ending 262-small.jpg?time=1668195034588

If I remove the ?time variable I get the correct image here ..

262-small.jpg

Why is this happening?

Many thanks ... Shaun

Just out of curiosity, what is your TB version? What is browser console showing you? Is your web server behind some proxy/CDN, or localhost? Is your server showing you some logs or not? What is your TB theme?

It's like asking a friend over the phone why my bus isn't showing up?, without your friend knowing what city and line you're going ..

Hi Paul,
In my cases (plural) every TB install has this problem. I am using different hosting providers different themes, any and all browsers and also the standard TB themes. Result is the same. This "problem" exists for a long time now and did not start with TB version 1.3.
Since this is not a real problem but more some sort of inconvenience I don't care much personally, but my clients do.
So, any suggestion how to fix this minor problem? Anyone? Please and thank you!

41 minutes ago, Euria said:

This "problem" exists for a long time now and did not start with TB version 1.3.

That's because this is not an application issue, but deployment problem.

Thirty bees correctly created resized image files, as you proved by accessing them directly without time=??? parameter.

If the image is not accessible when you add any query parameter to the url (like time=111), then the issue is in your server configuration. Check your .htaccess and/or nginx rewrite rules. Check your proxy server settings (cloudflare, or whathave you).

In my cases, in 3 different servers deployment.. Admin product thumbnails working fine. Also behind CloudFlare working as expected. On one host on php 8.1 LiteSpeed server also working fine. I would look at server configuration as datakick suggesting.