thirty bees forum

"add a product" missing

musicmaster

1 hour ago, datakick said:

The functionality to 'add products' to order is disabled once the order is switched to shipped stated... or something like that, I don't remember correctly.

It's not shipped, but when the delivery-slip was generated. I personally don't like this much. Shipped would be more logical imo. But we learnt to live with it ^^

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 10:19 PM, wakabayashi said:

It's not shipped, but when the delivery-slip was generated. I personally don't like this much. Shipped would be more logical imo. But we learnt to live with it ^^

This is very logical. Warehouse prints delivery-slips and packs shipments, and then shop staff adds new products to orders. And we have something different in shipments and something different in orders.

5 hours ago, e-com said:

This is very logical. Warehouse prints delivery-slips and packs shipments, and then shop staff adds new products to orders. And we have something different in shipments and something different in orders.

As I said imo it would be better to have it blocked, when the order is shipped. When you generated the shipping label, the products are still in your hands. In this time a lot can happen (customer calls, sends email and so on). It's a typical thing, that a dev doesn't expect, but in practice it happens a lot.

Then there is a question how existing documents are impacted by adding new products to order (I mean invoice, delivery slip, etc).

In some countries there are strict laws that prohibit modifying existing invoices once they were delivered to end customer (my country is one of them). In thirty bees, we should consider invoice to be delivered upon creation -- even if email is not sent to customer, they can still download it from their account. 

Maybe thirty bees is smart and generates new amendment invoice automatically. But maybe it's stupid and it modifies existing one, which could cause you a trouble.

5 hours ago, datakick said:

Then there is a question how existing documents are impacted by adding new products to order (I mean invoice, delivery slip, etc).

In some countries there are strict laws that prohibit modifying existing invoices once they were delivered to end customer (my country is one of them). In thirty bees, we should consider invoice to be delivered upon creation -- even if email is not sent to customer, they can still download it from their account. 

Maybe thirty bees is smart and generates new amendment invoice automatically. But maybe it's stupid and it modifies existing one, which could cause you a trouble.

In small companies without stock management it is common that a delivery slip is printed, someone goes out to collect the order, finds that something is missing and then calls the customer to adapt the order.

Some customers almost make a habit of calling with changes to an order they already placed.

Those are quite major functionalities to delete. So I am in favor of at least keeping this functionality as a backoffice option that can be switched on.

4 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

Those are quite major functionalities to delete. So I am in favor of at least keeping this functionality as a backoffice option that can be switched on.

As I wrote before - nobody deleted or changed anything. The functionality in 1.4.0 is the same as before, the same behaviour was in ps16 as well. It's the same since 2013/2015 at least:

image.png.7ab5dddd0b4cd627b997c4389d04d355.png

image.png.5329c94f34a2b048043e38cd9f1b0b8e.png

The code says that if order went through at least one state that has 'Delivered' flag set, then order is considered delivered, and therefore add products button is disabled. 

We didn't changed, and don't plan to change this logic anytime soon 🙂

1 hour ago, datakick said:

The functionality in 1.4.0 is the same as before, the same behaviour was in ps16 as well. It's the same since 2013/2015

Yes there is no doubt about this. It was already there, when we switched to PS. And this feels like last life ^^

I guess, that @musicmaster would also prefer the flag beeing on "shipped". But yeah I see your point.