thirty bees forum

HTML Email Template Issue

joepryan

Question

Hello,

I have recently moved to thirtybees and am currently learning my way around it. I am currently having issues with the email that is being sent to the "customer".

In "Advanced Parameters > Email" I have my email's running through PHPMail() and the option for format set to "Both". 

The image attached shows the email that is received within GMAIL. I have looked at the layout HTML email since I want my emails to be sent in HTML and that looks fine however that is not the email that is sent to the customer.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this issue please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.

ScreenGrab.PNG

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, the.rampage.rado said:

You are probably are missing the html templates.

Hello, I did wonder this myself however in the file manager > Theme > Niara > Mails > En, all the files for the email templates do exist and when editing the HTML file it looks fine.

It just appears to not be emailing using the templates by the look of it..

14 hours ago, SLiCK_303 said:

BO>Advanced Parameters>E-Mail..... down at the bottom of the screen that comes up you can test your email configuration, does that work for you?

Hello, Yes that does work for me the email is sent through to the main inbox. I still am unsure how to fix this issue, I have tried changing the HTML template however it still just appears to send the code instead of the HTML email.

5 hours ago, joepryan said:

Hello, Yes that does work for me the email is sent through to the main inbox. I still am unsure how to fix this issue, I have tried changing the HTML template however it still just appears to send the code instead of the HTML email.

What version of TB are you running?  1.4.0?  Bleeding edge? what?...

Assuming you are running 1.4.0, I would backup your mails folder in the theme you are using, then delete the mails folder altogether, and see if it reverts back to the /mails/en emails as it should.

Edited by SLiCK_303

18 hours ago, sotaxab said:

Downgrading to 1.3 fixed the problem.

If you are on 1.3, then you had to downgrade your PHP to 7.4.

I think it's the PHP downgrade that fixed this problem, not tb version -- see this comment: 

I recommend you upgrade to bleeding edge (1.5) using core updater and install new mail transport module. That should fix this issue, and will allow you to use PHP8.1