thirty bees forum

Totally wrong size category image

Havouza

The theme is coded this way, to show on the left a small category image and description to the right. IMHO very slick implementation.

If I was you I would use this to put in the description some SEO and optimize my images accorddingly. Big banner-like images in categories do not provide any benefit both to customers and to Google. Text does provide some results in Google if it's shown on top of the page but keep it short so your main content (products) are above the fold.

image.thumb.png.dc85752ce67928dd2fdd4552b7c23b64.png

EDIT: Also one more recomenndation - keep your horizontal menu to 1 row max. Either increase the width (if the theme permits) or reduse the lengts of each item in the menu.

Image has class col-xs-12 col-sm-2, and category name has class col-xs-12 col-sm-10.
That is, on phones image will take up 100% of the width, and on screens small and larger 1/6 or 16.7% of the screen width.
In bootstrap, number 12 is the whole thing or 100%.
If you make image and category name with classes col-xs-12 col-sm-6, they will occupy equally 50% each on screens small and larger.
We modify category.tpl template.

https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_grid_system.asp

2023-04-23_14-16.png

On 4/22/2023 at 8:53 AM, Havouza said:

The category image settings is 871x217 in settings for images

Now category_default you have made 200x200px.
Much too small. On phones there will be blurry images.

There is a different layout of blocks on phone. Category image fills 100% of the screen width.

#e-com

Well I have tested to set it to other values but it does not matter. As someone else say, it is how the theme is built like that, and we will live with it. very, very few of our customers use a phone when they shop so its no problem