thirty bees forum

Order Confirmation data question

x97wehner

Wondering if anyone can tell me where this order ID that displays out of the box on the order confirmation page for guests is coming from? I don't see it anywhere in the system. It's close to the invoice on the order but different. Definitely different that the order reference as well?

image.thumb.png.2a02aec6bd34dfda77660ce43edd6739.png

This is from order-confirmation.tpl template.

In Niara / community-theme-default, the value of $id_order_formatted is rendered:

<p>{l s='Your order ID is:'} <span class="bold">{$id_order_formatted}</span> . {l s='Your order ID has been sent via email.'}</p>

This variable is set in OrderConfirmationController, and contains order internal ID left padded with zeros

'id_order_formatted' => sprintf('#%06d', $this->id_order),

48 minutes ago, datakick said:

In Niara / community-theme-default, the value of $id_order_formatted is rendered:

<p>{l s='Your order ID is:'} <span class="bold">{$id_order_formatted}</span> . {l s='Your order ID has been sent via email.'}</p>

This variable is set in OrderConfirmationController, and contains order internal ID left padded with zeros

Alright. It seems to be not customer facing anywhere but here so I think I'll remove it from this page. It's not on their order confirmation email either. Just wanted to verify if a customer would ever need to see it before I did. Thanks.

Edited by x97wehner

1 hour ago, datakick said:

Rather, most store owners will say that it is a betrayal of trade secrets how many orders the store has 🙂
In my opinion, variable 'reference_order' should be used in this template.

52 minutes ago, e-com said:

Rather, most store owners will say that it is a betrayal of trade secrets how many orders the store has 🙂
In my opinion, variable 'reference_order' should be used in this template.

Yes, seems more fitting. Was just struggling to understand why it would be there in the first place out of the box instead of the reference_order field as you've mentioned.