thirty bees forum

Migration to thirtybees - enlarge images are not generated

netamismb

After I migrate from Prestashop 1. to ThirtyBees 1.3 (PHP 7.0) the enlarger images are not generated, here is the link https://test.netamis.ro/tricouri-rock/3306-tricou-insomnium-shadows-of-the-dying-sun.html 

In the back-office, I notice that I don't have the Lazy image loading and Enable webp images. Is this related to the fact that enlarged images are not generated? Any idea how to solve it?

image.thumb.png.ac959c95d10bea710c4308b716863e15.png't have the options: Lazy load

This is not a bug. If you have small image why should you enlarge it and present a blurry mess to the customer. If you want higher res image - just start with one if such is available.

The system will shrink everything down to your images settings but will not enlarge smaller images.

EDIT: Regarding webp - your theme should support it. Go to your theme's config.xml and try to enter <webp>1</webp>

<webp>1</webp>

just at the end. Then go to Images, enable the now visible webp setting. Regenerate your images, wait until the regeneration is done then clear your cache and check if your front end displays them correctly.

MAKE A WORKING BACKUP BEFORE THAT, most themes work but some badly coded ones might ask for jpg!

About lazy loading this setting is heavily dependant on your theme and is not set in Images but in your theme configurator (if such support is present). If there is no such setting you might try to use some module but I can not recommend a viable solution as my theme have it embeded.

• Thanks 1

For a romanian shop using any kind of thirdparty Image hosting is bad for all. Clients as the shop loads slowly.
Use your product image locally which is much faster and gives you more control.

Why would you use webP images? 

First they come from Google, second not all browsers accept them.

10 minutes ago, nickz said:

For a romanian shop using any kind of thirdparty Image hosting is bad for all. Clients as the shop loads slowly.
Use your product image locally which is much faster and gives you more control.

Why would you use webP images? 

First they come from Google, second not all browsers accept them.

What do you mean 3rd party? Like CDN?

All webp images are generated, controlled and served locally. 

But im south of the Danube, so it might be different :P 

27 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

What do you mean 3rd party? Like CDN?

exactly and if you don't recall a user was able to put offline a few hundred of thousand sites
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-08/explaining-cdns-and-why-big-websites-crash-together-quicktake

WebP being from Google I would not use in any shop. Google can't be trusted.  Buzzword Evil Corp 😉

On 7/30/2023 at 12:04 PM, the.rampage.rado said:

I use webp from the second day TB introduced it in the core and I don't know how Google will prohibit you from using this free file format 🙂

Well in the German market it caused quiete a stir due to Google Fonts. Using things Google touches have a bad rep at least in the EU.

7 hours ago, nickz said:

Well in the German market it caused quiete a stir due to Google Fonts. Using things Google touches have a bad rep at least in the EU.

Yet, again, you can use a google font locally. There are plenty of tools that assist in the code and the process. I do so on each on my stores.