thirty bees forum

Matomo Analytics causing high resource usage on my hosting account... any special configuration required to resolve this?

papagino

Question

Hello people, I was monitoring the traffics on my website using Matomo Analytics module, but I quickly learnt that leaving the Matomo module or website open take up lots of resources such that I got several warnings from my hosting company to fix the problem or account could be at risk of being suspended.

I was leaving the Matomo page opened to monitor when visitors would come to my site, I now limit access to Matomo to fix the problem with high resource usage on my hosting account...

Anyone else having this problem and is there any way around this?

Cheers

7 answers to this question

On 9/23/2023 at 11:09 AM, nickz said:

So far I know there is no serverchange needed. Just upload the app and configure.

I do have Matomo installed on Thirtybees, the problem is if I leave Matomo open to monitor live visits to my site, it create lot of request on my host and exceed what is allow for my shared hosting plan...

So I only use it when needed.

10 minutes ago, datakick said:

LOL. How dare you use server resources you have paid for.

Change hosting provider.

I think my site is being attacked by bad bots also, I have the "Blackhole for Bad Bots" module installed and just last night, it kicked out 6 IPs.

Some of the IPs are Brute force attacks according to abuseipdb.com so not sure what's up with that!

When checking my Host Resource Usage, the "Input/Output Usage" reached 3MB/s witting a minutes or so and that wasn't me using Matomo.

There is basically no traffics on my new site from legitimate customers and I have very little sales, most sales are from existing customers and not from new visitors.

(I think Big Pharma do not like the products I sell and want to kill my business...)

Not sure what to do!

Cheers

17 hours ago, papagino said:

I think my site is being attacked by bad bots also, I have the "Blackhole for Bad Bots" module installed and just last night, it kicked out 6 IPs.

Some of the IPs are Brute force attacks according to abuseipdb.com so not sure what's up with that!

When checking my Host Resource Usage, the "Input/Output Usage" reached 3MB/s witting a minutes or so and that wasn't me using Matomo.

There is basically no traffics on my new site from legitimate customers and I have very little sales, most sales are from existing customers and not from new visitors.

(I think Big Pharma do not like the products I sell and want to kill my business...)

Not sure what to do!

Cheers

Big Pharma does not give 5 cents about your site. Probably some "eastern European" or Chinese hackers are probing you.

In order to try and heal high usage you can try the free tier of Cloudflare and if they try to hit your BO page rename the folder and install and enable recaptcha module for all input forms. And don't forget to update to the latest TB edge version (many major and medium security hacks were fixed since the last official version).