thirty bees forum

Specific language categories only for speakers of those languages

alwayspaws

I don't know what PS did for foreign language speakers, but since we have several languages available now, I was trying to encourage someone new and put a comment in one of the language subcategories. I just deleted it. The user saw it and thanked me and that's enough.

Apparently, I should stick with English, so it's now up to the other foreign language speakers to offer encouragement to newer users in their own languages.

Thanks for your understanding.

I think the main reason for language specific forums should be to encourage users to ask questions in their language if they don't feel comfortable to post in English. Sometimes it is easier to describe a problem in the own language. Answers should be allowed in English too. Otherwise I would avoid the German forum because my main interest is thirtybees and recieving answers and not having a German language circle. You posted a reply to my post and I couldn't read it because it was deleted. Now I am courious what you have posted :-). Do you mind repeating it? Thanks

@alwayspaws said in Specific language categories only for speakers of those languages:

I don't know what PS did for foreign language speakers, but since we have several languages available now, I was trying to encourage someone new and put a comment in one of the language subcategories. I just deleted it. The user saw it and thanked me and that's enough.

Apparently, I should stick with English, so it's now up to the other foreign language speakers to offer encouragement to newer users in their own languages.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for your work. You are doing a great job. In the german section we luckily have some experienced members as Traumflug, Elezar and Me. Netherland should also be good. Not sure about the other languages.

I think having language specific forums is a great idea for people that does not read/write english.

French is my mother language personally but I will stick to english forums since I can. I will however answer french posts if possible.

win/win situation

@wakabayashi said in Specific language categories only for speakers of those languages:

Thanks for your work. You are doing a great job. In the german section we luckily have some experienced members as Traumflug, Elezar and Me. Netherland should also be good. Not sure about the other languages.

Thank you for the appreciation @wakabayashi :)

Nemo has joined the Italian group!

@ssimard said in Specific language categories only for speakers of those languages:

French is my mother language personally but I will stick to english forums since I can. I will however answer french posts if possible.

win/win situation

This is why thirtybees is growing and will continue to grow and become more popular: Having people willing to help others!