thirty bees forum

500 error trying to reply to email from contact us

SLiCK_303

Question

When Im looking at a message on the system, and try to do a reply, I'm getting a 500 error.  Currently on on bleeding edge for 8.1.x..

I've tried this on different tb versions, and different php versions, i get the same thing. 

Any help would be great!!

15 answers to this question

You need to click on "view" on the line where it says "exception".

I don't know alot about the current email system as it was changed a bit to reduce dependency. But do you have the module "Mail via swiftmailer" installed?

Also pleace check your settings under "Advanced settings" => "Email". You need to scroll down to the sending options. There you find "Email transport".

Edited by wakabayashi

Posted (edited)

I have tried using both php and swift, neither are working atm.  I get this when i click on the error, this is just the top, tell me if you need more.

What confuses me is that i dont have it set for port 993, yet it keeps trying to use that it looks like...Screenshot2024-07-11074439.thumb.png.1bfe70d7f74cb2ba1e47bf668d20bf8b.png

Edited by SLiCK_303

In order to fix the first two errors - go to Advanced -> Performance and scroll down to CIPHERING.
Currently you probably are on PHP Encryption since your last update. But there was a bug with the settings for this encryption (prior to tb) and the settings were not correctly applied. Switch to blowfish and save. Then switch back to PHP Encryption and save. This should populate the needed value in your DB and make those Warnings stop. You can delete those 2mln rows in Error logs module.

In regards to your email troubles - have you configured one of the two email transport modules?
image.png.efe2c0b10c77f944be4483bf82a6c259.png

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

In order to fix the first two errors - go to Advanced -> Performance and scroll down to CIPHERING.
Currently you probably are on PHP Encryption since your last update. But there was a bug with the settings for this encryption (prior to tb) and the settings were not correctly applied. Switch to blowfish and save. Then switch back to PHP Encryption and save. This should populate the needed value in your DB and make those Warnings stop. You can delete those 2mln rows in Error logs module.

In regards to your email troubles - have you configured one of the two email transport modules?
image.png.efe2c0b10c77f944be4483bf82a6c259.png

that did get rid of the two errors, thank you.

i have configured both of those modules.

If it matters, i am now on bleeding edge/ php 7.4x, I have tried 8.1, same thing happens

Screenshot 2024-07-11 081155.png

Edited by SLiCK_303

The only real important error is the exception. This one needs to be shown and fixed.

The imap_open() is trying to sync your email inbox with your customer service messages. But this function is anyway very shacky. I used it, but deactivated it some weeks ago as every second sync doesn't work correctly.

Posted (edited)

Screenshot2024-07-11084706.png.4498cf0f266d3f2af9c35c42093d50ac.png

I dont know what im doing wrong, or where to go from here.....

Screenshot 2024-07-11 084738.png

P.s. this used to work at one point, then it stopped working with no changes done.  I'm not sure when it was it stopped working tho, if it was at the update to 1.5, or some other time.

p.s.s.  other emails are being sent out, its just replying to contact us, that doesnt work

Edited by SLiCK_303
cause

Posted (edited)

i got it working by deleting all my contacts but one....  not sure why it wont work with more than one, and more than one email address, but whatever, its working atm

P.S. thanks for all the input guys!

Edited by SLiCK_303
  • Like 1