thirty bees forum

Delete Test Transactions?

vzex

I'm not sure but if you are in demo mode there is module for what you need and if you are not there is no way to delete them. There was a way to remove them just from the list in the back office but all their entries in the database will be left.

I think this would be a good feature. I posted about it here: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/793/suggestion-delete-orders-directly-in-the-backend

I went in to the database and deleted all idorder and idorder_* rows. So far it looks OK, but I haven't tested fully yet.

What about invoices, carts associated with those orders etc. If that link is the feature request, I voted for it long time ago. But i don't think somebody will develop such module because it is illegal to delete orders I believe.

Not sure about deleting orders being illegal but I deleted all my test orders, customers etc getting ready to go live.

Came to a halt when I couldn't delete test stripe transactions :(

My pet peeve is modules leaving trash behind when you delete them.

I don't think basic functionality keeping things tidy should require a module but should be built in.

Then again I don't write code

@mockob Thank you for the link, but it's incorrect in that broadness. You are required to keep data relating to a transaction. That makes sense. If you sell something, you need to keep documentation that you sold something. How long you need to keep the data depends on your country.

But if you didn't sell something, eg if someone placed a fake order or placed an order but never paid, if you made a test order and want to delete it, there's nothing that would prevent you from doing so.

UPDATE

Used PHPMyAdmin found and deleted all 17 test transactions by deleting them under: stripetransaction

They no longer show up in stripe BO module so I'm happy they are hopefully all gone.

If remnants remain elsewhere at least I don't have to see them :)