thirty bees forum

Loading of tab content on product create/edit page takes forever

Siteboost

Question

Every time I try to create or edit a product, the product tabs take forever to load. No errors are shown in the server or console logs, but as you can see in the screenshot, the ajax calls to load the content of the tabs take about 30 seconds to complete.

I am running TB 1.0.3 (fresh installation, not a PS upgrade).

Any suggestions on how to fix this critical issue will be highly appreciated!

0_1505154721207_product-page.JPG

8 answers to this question

Well, saving a product kicks off like 15 Ajax requests, each of these tabs (Information, Prices, SEO, ...) is saved by a separate request, still all happens with a single click on the 'save' button.

Looking at the code it looks much like earlier versions of PrestaShop saved tabs individually. This is faster, of course. If one changes something on one tab, then switches to another tab and clicks 'save' there, this change is lost, though.

My problem with the loading time isn't related to the saving of products. Saving a product only takes a second or two. The incredibly slow loading times happen when I open an existing product or click the "new product" button.

After some further investigation I have isolated the problem to the database. If I switch to a database backup from another TB installation, the loading times are back to normal.