thirty bees forum

<Solved> How to use csv import for many colors & sizes for a single product?

alwayspaws

@daokakao said in How do I use a csv import for a large amount of colors & sizes for a single product?:

@alwayspaws Why don't you make a sandbox environments for new features testing? It will ease your life. I can send my version of CSV for you. just try to import it?

@daokakao said in How do I use a csv import for a large amount of colors & sizes for a single product?:

@alwayspaws Why don't you make a sandbox environments for new features testing? It will ease your life. I can send my version of CSV for you. just try to import it?

I tried to import it but didn't see these two when I went to open and save:

Text values are in doublequotes: yes Save fields as on screen: yes

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jnsgioia said in How do I use a csv import for a large amount of colors & sizes for a single product?:

@alwayspaws reverse them :)

If you save the csv with a comma delimiter have the tb field separator comma, if you save it with a semi colon have the tb field delimiter semi colon

@jnsgioia This is what I started out with and had no problems until I saw the combinations were put together.

@jnsgioia said in [Solved by DaoKaKao] How do I use a csv import for a large amount of colors & sizes for a single product?:

@alwayspaws Yeah! :)

@jnsgioia @DaoKakao Right on!

@jnsgioia I propose that we clean up this post because we don't want anyone new coming along and trying all the wrong things from misconceptions. I'm going to delete what's unnecessary in my opinion.

Please delete and update into one or two posts what is critical for potential users. You don't have to delete upvoted posts. Just combine them, if possible. Thanks!

@alwayspaws The Reference column is the sku for the combination. I use the product reference number-#. For instance, if my product sku (product reference number) is SG201 and I have 4 combinations for that product then the reference column would contain SG201-1 SG201-2 SG201-3 SG201-4. Looking at your spreadsheet it looks like you have that in the product id field. You should have your TB product ID (the number in the first column of your product list in the back office) in that column.

I went back to my old method just for the product combination ID's.

Are my combination attributes and values correctly formatted now?

01508170264231combinations_import-template-worksheet.ods

Do I use ALT text for the images on both the product and combinations .csv's?

Do you use the image position column? If you do, do you add a specific url by color for each line?

Update: the import did not work. It doesn't show my size selections:

0_1508172324935_does not show size selection.jpg

Let's forget about the image alt text question. I wasn't talking about images.

Did you update @innercode's module - nothing is working for me right now. I can't even get @innercode to be hotlinked. I'm done for a while. I have all the instructions for importing, etc.

Thanks very much for the help.

Look: PRODUCTID is the 'artifical' index and primary key of 'products' table, it assigned automatically and should not be changed. The PRODUCTID field in the 'COMBINATIONS' table and in the combinations csv is binding with the 'products' table. So, when you have lets say 10 combinationsof one product, then you should have 10 lines in the combinations CSV, each of them starting with the same number. And this number MUST be equal with corresponding product_id in the 'products' table

@DaoKakao please see this, which is why I changed it:

@jnsgioia said in <Reopened> How to use csv import for many colors & sizes for a single product?:

@alwayspaws The Reference column is the sku for the combination. I use the product reference number-#. For instance, if my product sku (product reference number) is SG201 and I have 4 combinations for that product then the reference column would contain SG201-1 SG201-2 SG201-3 SG201-4. Looking at your spreadsheet it looks like you have that in the product id field. You should have your TB product ID (the number in the first column of your product list in the back office) in that column.

@daokakao said in <Reopened> How to use csv import for many colors & sizes for a single product?:

Look: PRODUCTID is the 'artifical' index and primary key of 'products' table, it assigned automatically and should not be changed. The PRODUCTID field in the 'COMBINATIONS' table and in the combinations csv is binding with the 'products' table. So, when you have lets say 10 combinationsof one product, then you should have 10 lines in the combinations CSV, each of them starting with the same number. And this number MUST be equal with corresponding product_id in the 'products' table

Here are my combination and then product .ods. I didn't add all the colors because I wanted to test them first:

01508174344041combinations_import-template-worksheet.ods

01508174418362products_import-worksheet.ods

@alwayspaws There's no contradiction with my explanations. When you use the 'Reference' field it is up to you with your own numbering scheme.

But the IDs are assigned authomatically, if you change them manually, you will breal the links between products and their combinations, et c.

I'm very confused. The test product ID is 1000 and the test combination reference numbers are

1000-1 1000-2 1000-3 1000-4 1000-5 1000-6 1000-7 1000-8

I don't know what's wrong. I need a break. It took this long to test because my host had to reinstall my development site and then there was trouble and they had to do it manually. Sorry.

Your screenshot Ok. But you have to match the fields "Reference #" and "Combination Reference" with corresponding fields at the import. I'd like to note, that in the TB's tables there's no "combination reference" field. There are "Reference" and the "Supplier reference" fields

Also it could be another thing: at the importing page there's a switch 'Force all id numbers' - it also could affect data links between the tables, so you should try to turn it off